Doberman and chicks.....

I have 2 dobies and The oldest has always been gentle with my girls. He even lets them perch on his back while he hangs out in the sun! He lets them rule him around....Big Bad Doberman bossed around By 7 chickens...HA! When they were little he would lay next to their booder and wait for them to come out and play...he would lay on the floor and let them play on his feet!! He really is a sweatheart!!

Now the younger one has a bit of a problem , but is only 7 months and still learning that playing with the chickens is a big No No...He has hurt 2 of them, but thankfully they are ok. He is to the point now where he and the girls can all share the water bucket at the same time and that little voice in his head doesn't tell him to chase that fluffy, feathery thing that makes noises and flaps around!!

My 4 Dobes are great with my chickens and always have been. One of the RIRs, Myrtle, has started to peck at us to get attention-she likes to be carried around. Myrtle also pecks our big guy, Kaiser, he has been so patient, the most he has done is chase her a couple of feet. Ihave to get the camera out and take pics of the Dobes and chickens together, they make a great looking group.

You know, that's a wonderful idea....pics of them together! I wonder if he would tolerate that.....might be something worth trying...I'll just have to see how he acts.

My inner child is still telling me, way in the back of my head, that maybe he was trying to put her back IN the yard. Let me have my delusions!!!! lol

I dont have any recent pics but here is one of my boys by themselves and 2 with Major and the babies...

Miscpics070.jpg

Miscpics080.jpg

Not the best picture of Major..he was ready to run, but Ace is the younger one sitting up nice..lol..Oh and our Miniature pinscher Twix

Spring2008010.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom