Doctors appt this morning, need to call back. UPDATE, I'm fine!!

After several years of 'not preventing' pregnancy, we decided to go the the Dr. and have the usual tests run. 3 days later, I get a call at 7:30 in the morning. " Hello, Mrs. _____, We have your test results. Your husband is sterile. Please call if you have questions."

I'm not exaggerating. I was to dumbfounded to speak.

Class baby, class.

Quote:
keep smiling and we'll keep praying.
smile.png

I work in a lab and it takes at least 24 hours to complete most tests (depends on whats being completed and if your in the hospital). That is unless there was a problem and the doctor would have told you he was running it stat. Its probably something that they forgot to ask. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I am so glad everything is fine
hugs.gif
, it is scary to get a message to call back but I wanted to add as an FYI, they are not supposed to guve any information on a voice mail. Due to Hippa laws (regarding patient privacy)
The only information that should be left is for person to call back. I have worked as an MA in a urgent care facility for almost 20 yrs and just finished my RN degree last month.

I almost choked when somebody said they were left a message that their husband was sterile, now THAT I would have taken somebody's leg off and beaten them to death with it.

Ok another thing to add here that I get cussed at frequently for.....
If you want your husband, wife, sister, children to have access to your medical information you have to write it down and give it to the care provider. Many times I have had very upset people that I have to explain that due to Hippa law, I am unable to provide any information. I try to explain this gently to people, but on many occasions I have heard some pretty negative replies. We understand...we really do, but our hands are tied...we could lose our job over a privacy infringement.

Ok, sorry to hiijack your thread...just wanted to give some info.

Quote:
AWWW GEEZ!! My joint just sends a letter unless it's a BAD thing.Well, I am glad you are well, but what an unnecessary worry!!
I wonder if they really "Think" sometimes?
Hugs and relieved for you
Christina

Quote:
barnie.gif
That just makes me mad
smack.gif
I use to call with test results and I remember one call I got, never will forget it. I always remembered that and knew you need to treat things with sensitivity
hide.gif
th.gif

So sorry, that is horrilbe to say the least
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom