Does a neighbor have the right to kill chickens if it enters their property?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chickens have many predators. Here there are rats, cats, dogs, hawks, owls, eagles, weasels, mink, fisher, opossum, skunk, raccoon, fox, coyote, bobcat, bear, and I have a hard time believing you have none of those.

You want to free range. That is fine as long as YOUR birds remain on YOUR property. You have NO rights to their land whatsoever. Your wishes and rights end at the property line. Your neighbors own their property, pay taxes on their property and are free to do with their property as they see fit as long as it doesn't conflict with town regulations. You have no rights to use it. It is YOUR responsibility to keep YOUR livestock on YOUR property. Failing to keep your birds restrained may result in regulations banning all poultry keeping.

Because it is worth repeating (maybe if you read it enough times you'll start to "get" it, OP).

A loose bantam chick is at risk from many, many more predators than a dog or a person. A housecat, a raptor, a weasel, a corvid, a snake, or many other things would find it an attractive meal.

The cutting human hair analogy doesn't really fly with me, either. Human hair does indeed grow back. Does that mean I can sneak up behind you and cut out a few clumps of your hair, and then just shrug and mention peaceful coexistence when you get upset? What if your neighbor plucked out all your chicken's tail feathers, could he shrug at you and say "they grow back, why don't you want to peacefully coexist with me? You can't complain." What if he emptied a cat's litterbox over the fence onto your property, then just said not to be upset because a stray cat could have just gone to the bathroom there anyway, so you need to buck up and peacefully coexist with his cats and their droppings? Is that really something you'd be fine with?

Once more, peaceful coexistence is never, ever going to come from the attitude of "me and my animals should be free to do whatever we want to your property, but you should not complain or do anything back". Have you ever heard the saying "fences make good neighbors"? A peaceful coexistence with your neighbors comes from mutual respect and consideration. Not from abusing their property and thinking there is something wrong with them if they do the same.

You sound quite young and perhaps naive because of that. I hope your parents are more realistic and considerate (although maybe not if the neighbor let your mother know this was an issue and she didn't think to address or even mention it until a bird vanished). Think of it this way, if a board of crazy chicken-lovers is telling you what you are doing is not ok, then how would animal control or the city council respond? This is the type of chicken ownership that contributes to anti-backyard chicken ordinances getting passed. Even if you think your chickens have some sort of right to run rampant through your neighbor's gardens, won't you think of restricting it to save their lives and your ability to own them? If not, I hope you are at least not going to end up damaging anyone else's ability to own and enjoy chickens in the area.

"The cutting human hair analogy doesn't really fly with me, either. Human hair does indeed grow back. Does that mean I can sneak up behind you and cut out a few clumps of your hair, and then just shrug and mention peaceful coexistence when you get upset? What if your neighbor plucked out all your chicken's tail feathers, could he shrug at you and say "they grow back, why don't you want to peacefully coexist with me? You can't complain." What if he emptied a cat's litterbox over the fence onto your property, then just said not to be upset because a stray cat could have just gone to the bathroom there anyway, so you need to buck up and peacefully coexist with his cats and their droppings? Is that really something you'd be fine with?" - There is a big difference between human, animal and insect intelligence. Most people would know that doing those things is not the right thing to do. However, can you teach those animals and insect to not to do that? The obvious answer is no. All, if not most chickens doesn't understand, why they shouldn't do it, on my neighbor's property, and will continue to do it, no matter what you say to them. My chickens rarely go in there, and in fact I only saw them go in there 4 times, since last year. A lot of chickens spend at least 99% of their time in their own territory and sidewalk, and they wouldn't even try to include their owners neighbors as their own territory. My chickens are like that. Majority, or most cats spend majority of their time on their territory too. In fact, the damages they have done to the leaves and the amount of poop they drop on his/her property this year is less than the amount of damage and poop, insects and wild birds have made. It is just some small bite on the leaves, few scattered soil on unwanted places and few poop on the property. That happens everywhere in the neighbor, because of insects and wild birds. I don't complain about it, nor do I try to kill them, because I don't want what they(wild birds and insects) are doing. It is no big deal. I won't do anything bad to them, and will just clean up the mess that they made, because I care about them, and I want to co-exist with them peacefully.

"Once more, peaceful coexistence is never, ever going to come from the attitude of "me and my animals should be free to do whatever we want to your property, but you should not complain or do anything back" So does that mean that my neighbors will never have peaceful co-existance with wild birds and insects, since they are free range, and they can do whatever they want, and some are undesirable, like making poop, eating the fruits of their plants and eating the leaves of their plant. That attitude especially "...but you should not complain or do anything back", is going to lead to many bad things, like extinction or a significant decrease in population of animals and insects, because people kill them, if they don't do what they want them to do. Sad fact is, it is indeed happening, like some species of parrots are hunted down, because they eat commercial vegetation. Peaceful co-existance doesn't necessarily mean that you should do whatever(good or bad), they want you to do, or else they will harm or kill you or other people.

"A peaceful coexistence with your neighbors comes from mutual respect and consideration. Not from abusing their property and thinking there is something wrong with them if they do the same. "
I prohibit my chickens from going into my neighbors house, and I try to get them whenever I see them. I tried to ask my parents to buy fence for the driveway, but so far, my dad doesn't want us to buy the fence. Last year, my neighbors dog comes to my parents property a lot of times, and it drop more poop than the amount of all poop my chickens drop on my neighbors property. The worst of all is that, the dog chased my chickens, and there was a time, when my chicken's wing is spread and 2 of it's front paws is on top of it, and it is about to bite it. Did I complain to them about it? Obviously, I didn't do it. Did I kill it? I might have the right(under law) to kill it if it bite my chicken, but I didn't do it, instead I just chased it to make it go away. Today, the same dog and the owner are happy together. The dog, just like my chickens are sometimes bored and wants to visit a place outside their territory. What is Immoral, about letting them stay on my parent's property and making poop? My chickens made a very little damage to plants, and it will regrow and get replaced. If I knew that they made considerable damage in my neighbors property, then I might place them somewhere where they will most likely not do it. But as stated a lot of times they rarely go in there and make only a little mess if they go in there. Some people as just not considerate to other life forms, because of they don't care and/or love them.

Even if you are in a city, you have predators. Coyotes and raccoons live in big cities. You may not see them, but trust me, they are there. A fox is quick as lightning to snatch a bird, especially a very young one like you lost. I never free range very young chicks unless they have a broody mother there to defend them and even then, I supervise because I know how fast and silent these predators can be. Domestic dogs probably kill more chickens than any other predator. Just read the stories in Predators & Pests.

I live in a city in Hawaii, and I didn't see those kinds of predators. The only predators that might have killed it are dogs and humans. I doubt that my neighbor's dogs killed it, because whenever they enter my parent's property I always hear chickens screaming and the sound of dogs when chasing chickens. My mom and I didn't hear any of those signs, on the day it was missing.

Sweetie, if it was my property that your chickens had already been "visiting" at least 4 times, even one tiny little chicken poop on my sidewalk and one little nibbled leaf off my plants would be unacceptable to me. Did you know that some plants only bloom once? That some produce one fruit per bud? Unless your perfect little chickens are trained to only eat a little of the leaves, you are depriving your neighbors of something they've paid good money for and taken care of. You have no way to guarantee that they didn't eat a flower bud or newly setting fruit or veggie.

The difference between the insects and the wild birds you keep referring to is that the insects and the wild birds don't BELONG to one person responsible for taking care of them and keeping them home and safe. I worry because even at your young age you are convinced that nothing your babies do is wrong and the world is picking on them. What, pray tell, are you going to do if you ever become a parent? You can't excuse bad behavior or blame it on someone else - you have to take responsibility for it, and in the case of your kids or your pets that's your job. That's part of what pet owing is supposed to be teaching you at a young age. At this point, if I were your neighbor I'd be calling animal control every single time even ONE of your chickens crossed the property line. Plain and simple, you are wrong. You're right, your chickens don't know they are doing anything wrong. Children don't always know either. Your job is to protect them because of that simple fact.

Parents sometimes have to draw lines to keep their children safe even if it makes them unhappy. Well, better unhappy than dead. Sorry, but as a mother, grandmother, great grandmother and chicken owner, that's how I see it. You want your chickens to free range because you don't want to deprive them of their freedom and make them unhappy. As long as they are fed, watered, given treats and attention, and kept clean they already happy!

Now, I've read every word you've written, and I've said all I'm going to say on the subject. Your chicken is not missing or dead because of your neighbors, or predators or a car, or a neighbor's dog. Your chicken is gone because you are too young, too stubborn and too self centered to understand that they counted on you to protect them. Period.

Chickens have many predators. Here there are rats, cats, dogs, hawks, owls, eagles, weasels, mink, fisher, opossum, skunk, raccoon, fox, coyote, bobcat, bear, and I have a hard time believing you have none of those.

You want to free range. That is fine as long as YOUR birds remain on YOUR property. You have NO rights to their land whatsoever. Your wishes and rights end at the property line. Your neighbors own their property, pay taxes on their property and are free to do with their property as they see fit as long as it doesn't conflict with town regulations. You have no rights to use it. It is YOUR responsibility to keep YOUR livestock on YOUR property. Failing to keep your birds restrained may result in regulations banning all poultry keeping.

I know that law. Should I place all of my chickens in the coop and their cage, instead of letting them free range, since it is the most effective solution to contain them, and there is no fence in the driveway. Even if a fence is stalled in the driveway, there is still a little chance that my chickens will get out of the property, and my neighbors, might try to kill them, or capture them again, if they ever do it. Should I also, chain my cats like what my mom did to her dog, to keep them on my property? I would call that animal cruelty. Why restrict those animals the freedom that they want, just because a human desires it and the human thinks that it have the power over what animals desires to do that is not immoral( making poop on their property, eating few leaves of their plant, and it will regrow or be replaced naturally etc.)? People kill animals, so no wonder why they have the right(based on law) to kill animals and insects that does something undesirable on their property. Having the right to kill them or capture them for food, just because they are in their property and causing minor plant damage and mess, without the intention of the owner wanting that to happen is something that I think is beyond their right as a human being.

My chicks are about 6 weeks old and I would never think to let them free-range. They are just to young and curious for their own good. I know you really feel the neighbor has something to do with it missing, and maybe they do. Sadly you can not change what has transpired. You can, decide to make a stronger barrier to protect your chicks for the future. From all predators, 2 legged, 4 legged and or winged! I have dogs, and do not let them roam, my neighbors have dogs and it drives me CRAZY to find poop in my front yard, from them. Only let the chicks loose when you can sit and babysit them, build a fence and chalk it up as a sad, hard lesson. While there may not be rules about the neighbor hurting your chick, (if they did) there are laws about your chicks coming on their property. Depending on laws where you are live, it could cost you all of them. Pick and chose your battles--

I live in a city in Hawaii, and I didn't see those kinds of predators. The only predators that might have killed it are dogs and humans. I doubt that my neighbor's dogs killed it, because whenever they enter my parent's property I always hear chickens screaming and the sound of dogs when chasing chickens. My mom and I didn't hear any of those signs, on the day it was missing.
It would be helpful if you would put your location in your avatar area because that makes a difference in helping us help you in many situations, whether predators or diseases.

I know that law. Should I place all of my chickens in the coop and their cage, instead of letting them free range, since it is the most effective solution to contain them, and there is no fence in the driveway. Even if a fence is stalled in the driveway, there is still a little chance that my chickens will get out of the property, and my neighbors, might try to kill them, or capture them again, if they ever do it. Should I also, chain my cats like what my mom did to her dog, to keep them on my property? I would call that animal cruelty. Why restrict those animals the freedom that they want, just because a human desires it and the human thinks that it have the power over what animals desires to do that is not immoral( making poop on their property, eating few leaves of their plant, and it will regrow or be replaced naturally etc.)? People kill animals, so no wonder why they have the right(based on law) to kill animals and insects that does something undesirable on their property. Having the right to kill them or capture them for food, just because they are in their property and causing minor plant damage and mess, without the intention of the owner wanting that to happen is something that I think is beyond their right as a human being.
Because animals are domesticated, not wild. They are not wild animals that have a need to roam free. We do have dominion over domesticated animals, for their protection and our protection as well.

You said you know the law, but you also asked if it was legal for your neighbor to kill your chickens on the neighbor's property so apparently, you do not know the law. It would be to your advantage to find out. There are laws in most states about containing animals on your own property so they are not a nuisance to your neighbors.

And I have dominion not only my own animals, but over my own property. YOU may allow YOUR animals whatever freedom you like on YOUR property, but not MY property. It's that simple, really. What you value in the way of plant life may not be the same as what your neighbor values. It is never your right to decide what is of value on your neighbor's property. What is minor to you may not be minor to your neighbor. You cannot insist that your chickens be allowed to eat your neighbor's plants. I do not understand why you think you have that right, quite honestly.

NOW, back to the original question. The original question is if the neighbor has the right to kill your birds if they go onto his/her property. Find out the laws in your locale. They are probably online. If not, call the local township/city officials and ask about the law. I don't know the answer to that for you. DID your neighbor have anything to do with the chick disappearing? I have no idea and neither do you.

I think we've beat this subject to death and you are not hearing us. Not sure there is much else I can say about it.
hu.gif

Sweetie, if it was my property that your chickens had already been "visiting" at least 4 times, even one tiny little chicken poop on my sidewalk and one little nibbled leaf off my plants would be unacceptable to me. Did you know that some plants only bloom once? That some produce one fruit per bud? Unless your perfect little chickens are trained to only eat a little of the leaves, you are depriving your neighbors of something they've paid good money for and taken care of. You have no way to guarantee that they didn't eat a flower bud or newly setting fruit or veggie.

The difference between the insects and the wild birds you keep referring to is that the insects and the wild birds don't BELONG to one person responsible for taking care of them and keeping them home and safe. I worry because even at your young age you are convinced that nothing your babies do is wrong and the world is picking on them. What, pray tell, are you going to do if you ever become a parent? You can't excuse bad behavior or blame it on someone else - you have to take responsibility for it, and in the case of your kids or your pets that's your job. That's part of what pet owing is supposed to be teaching you at a young age. At this point, if I were your neighbor I'd be calling animal control every single time even ONE of your chickens crossed the property line. Plain and simple, you are wrong. You're right, your chickens don't know they are doing anything wrong. Children don't always know either. Your job is to protect them because of that simple fact.

Parents sometimes have to draw lines to keep their children safe even if it makes them unhappy. Well, better unhappy than dead. Sorry, but as a mother, grandmother, great grandmother and chicken owner, that's how I see it. You want your chickens to free range because you don't want to deprive them of their freedom and make them unhappy. As long as they are fed, watered, given treats and attention, and kept clean they already happy!

Now, I've read every word you've written, and I've said all I'm going to say on the subject. Your chicken is not missing or dead because of your neighbors, or predators or a car, or a neighbor's dog. Your chicken is gone because you are too young, too stubborn and too self centered to understand that they counted on you to protect them. Period.

"Sweetie, if it was my property that your chickens had already been "visiting" at least 4 times, even one tiny little chicken poop on my sidewalk and one little nibbled leaf off my plants would be unacceptable to me. Did you know that some plants only bloom once? That some produce one fruit per bud? Unless your perfect little chickens are trained to only eat a little of the leaves, you are depriving your neighbors of something they've paid good money for and taken care of. You have no way to guarantee that they didn't eat a flower bud or newly setting fruit or veggie...... .At this point, if I were your neighbor I'd be calling animal control every single time even ONE of your chickens crossed the property line." ---- If it was your child who pulled a few of the leaves and petals of your flowers for the 4th time, I assume, that she will be forgiven, and you don't want to send your child to a place where she/he can't damage your plants. However if it was my chicken, you are willing to call the animal control, so that they can't do it again on your plants. Interestingly, you called me self centered. But I think your circle is significantly less wider than my circle, since I am considerate to many species of animals. I saw her inexpensive flowers(it blooms more than once in it's lifetime) and the extent of the damage they have done. It was obviously minor, and the flower doesn't look like it loss petals at all, but I saw some bite marks on 2 or 3 leaves. That happens everywhere on the neighborhood, because some insects feeds on them. If it was an insect, you will probably take it out, toss it away, or worst kill it. Some people care about other people, but some doesn't care about animals. Loving and caring a life form is actually a very effective way to protect the lives of other species.

"The difference between the insects and the wild birds you keep referring to is that the insects and the wild birds don't BELONG to one person responsible for taking care of them and keeping them home and safe. I worry because even at your young age you are convinced that nothing your babies do is wrong and the world is picking on them. What, pray tell, are you going to do if you ever become a parent? You can't excuse bad behavior or blame it on someone else - you have to take responsibility for it, and in the case of your kids or your pets that's your job. That's part of what pet owing is supposed to be teaching you at a young age. At this point, if I were your neighbor I'd be calling animal control every single time even ONE of your chickens crossed the property line. Plain and simple, you are wrong. You're right, your chickens don't know they are doing anything wrong. Children don't always know either. Your job is to protect them because of that simple fact." ----- I think your pet ownership reason, is just an excuse. People kill or send animals to animal shelter, whether they belong to someone else or they are wild, because they don't want the animals to do what they don't want them to do. Some parrot species population decreased significantly, just because they eat commercial vegetation. Reality, is no one owns those, but they kill them just because they are considered pest, and people doesn't want a peaceful co-existance with them on their property. If you are my neighbor, why not be kind with them and let peaceful- co-existance take in effect, instead of sending them to animal shelter, where they will be probably mistreated by other people? They will rarely go into your property, and if they do, I would gladly pay for any damages, if it was serious enough,put back the dirt that they scattered on places where they should be and clean their poop. Wouldn't that be better, than making your neighbor and it's chickens become sad, by calling the animal control, or worst kill them whenever they enter your property?

"As long as they are fed, watered, given treats and attention, and kept clean they already happy!" ---- Did you ever see the body language and hear the voices of chickens that wants to be free? When I free them, I don't see and hear it anymore.

"Now, I've read every word you've written, and I've said all I'm going to say on the subject. Your chicken is not missing or dead because of your neighbors, or predators or a car, or a neighbor's dog. Your chicken is gone because you are too young, too stubborn and too self centered to understand that they counted on you to protect them. Period." ---- I have had chickens for about 2 years, and since then, dogs, cats and people enter my parent's property many times. I have never loss any of them due to predator attack, except one less than a week old chick that is biten by my mom's dog. However, she is in chain on the day my chicken become missing this month. I don't want anything detrimental to happen to my chickens, and as you know, no matter what you do, there is always something outside of your control, and the same rule apply to all people. That includes human immorality, accident, animal hunger, or maybe unseen forces interference, etc. If none of those things happen, would it be possible, that I loss my chicken because I let them be free range?

If I ever have a child, it would be my responsibility to teach and do what is right for my child. Although it is not my fault, that my child did something wrong, if he intends to do what he understand is not right thing to do, it is still my responsibility to pay for the damages done with money, if he or she doesn't have enough to pay for it, but I shouldn't be the one to blame, if I did teach him/her that it is wrong to do it. Everybody even people that usually do what is good has influence other people negatively, since no one is perfectly good or evil. But for chickens, I agree, that I am to blame for what my chickens did to my neighbor's property and it is my responsibility to make sure that my chickens stay in our property, and pay and/fix the damages done by them. People intentionally do something immoral or do something immoral without knowing that it is immoral. Yet, even if it just a minor sin, it is tolerated, and a lot of people doesn't get punish if they do it. Several hundreds of dollars or few thousands of dollars used every year just because of greed and gluttony, is tolerated and they didn't even get punished for doing it. That money can be used to help the lives of needy people who truly deserves it(not lazy, hard working and with high morals,etc.), and animals in need. Yet, if my chickens make some minor plant damage, and mess( scatter sand on unwanted places and drop their poop) on a person's property on the 4th time, people call animal control, or harm or kill my chickens. What is immoral about animals and insects eating the fruits of a tree that is more than enough for the family? The world doesn't belong to just people, we need to share the food to animals too. What is immoral about eating a very few parts of the leaves of a plant or flowers, that can regrow or be replace naturally? Sure, it would look a little ugly, but I don't think that really kills them, since it is like a hair of a human that can regrow. My chickens rarely do it, probably only 4 times since last year, so I don't think it is an abuse. What is immoral about my chickens excreting their poop on a person's property on only 4 days since last year? Animals and insects get treated unfairly and inhumanely by people. I don't think that my chickens deserve to be put in animal shelter and probably get mistreated, harm or get killed only because of that kind and amount of mess and damage that they made. Again, it is still my responsibility to clean up the mess that my chickens made, pay for the damages done by my chickens, and contain them in our property without resulting to animal cruelty.

Last edited:
OP, please consider that damages/defacement of the neighbor's property by wild birds/insects are the result of what lawyers & insurance companies refer to as AOG's (Acts Of God - "An event that directly and exclusively results from the occurrence of natural causes that could not have been prevented by the exercise of foresight or caution; an inevitable accident"). The damages/defacement (however slight) of your neighbor's property by YOUR chickens are `Acts Of Luckybaby'. A 50' roll of plastic mesh, 48" tall garden fencing & T-posts to provide a minimalist run to protect both your chickens and your neighbor's property, is an inexpensive solution. It would a least allow you more time to consider what you can do to keep those `caged birds singing' instead of spinning a yarn about the neighbor's intransigence being the primary barrier to possessing a truly happy flock. `Free Ranging' should only be conducted when you are on the `range' with your flock - when you step out of that picture (to do something else, somewhere else) you'll never know for sure how the painting will progress - but, usually, the primary pigment will be composed of chicken blood. Have a saying, here `a loose dog is road kill waiting to happen', same for chickens. If dogs are on the owner's property they are `good dogs' and probably worthy of my complimenting the owner on those fine specimens. If those same dogs come onto this property they are nothing more than chicken eating vermin to be retired like any other predator. If our chickens/turkeys were ALLOWED to wander onto a neighbor's property and went to creating dirt baths in their Iris beds I'd expect them to be grilled. Along with my apology to those neighbors, I'd also provide a bottle of barbecue sauce, and hope that would be sufficient to keep them from dragging me into court. Well cared for chooks are perfectly relaxed in their run, they only `complain' if we don't let them out during their designated (supervised) hour of bug hunting before sundown: Cruelty would be in MY exposing them to threats to their continued existence because of my confusion over what constitutes kindness.

"The cutting human hair analogy doesn't really fly with me, either. Human hair does indeed grow back. Does that mean I can sneak up behind you and cut out a few clumps of your hair, and then just shrug and mention peaceful coexistence when you get upset? What if your neighbor plucked out all your chicken's tail feathers, could he shrug at you and say "they grow back, why don't you want to peacefully coexist with me? You can't complain." What if he emptied a cat's litterbox over the fence onto your property, then just said not to be upset because a stray cat could have just gone to the bathroom there anyway, so you need to buck up and peacefully coexist with his cats and their droppings? Is that really something you'd be fine with?"   - There is a big difference between human, animal and insect intelligence. Most people would know that doing those things is not the right thing to do. However, can you teach those animals and insect to not to do that? The obvious answer is no. All, if not most chickens doesn't understand, why they shouldn't do it, on my neighbor's property, and will continue to do it, no matter what you say to them. My chickens rarely go in there, and in fact I only saw them go in there 4 times, since last year. A lot of chickens spend at least 99% of their time in their own territory and sidewalk, and they wouldn't even try to include their owners neighbors as their own territory. My chickens are like that. Majority, or most cats spend majority of their time on their territory too.  In fact, the damages they have done to the leaves and the amount of poop they drop on his/her property this year is less than the amount of damage and poop, insects and wild birds have made. It is just some small bite on the leaves, few scattered soil on unwanted places and few poop on the property. That happens everywhere in the neighbor, because of insects and wild birds. I don't complain about it, nor do I try to kill them, because I don't want what they(wild birds and insects) are doing. It is no big deal. I won't do anything bad to them, and will just clean up the mess that they made, because I care about them, and I want to co-exist with them peacefully.

"Once more, peaceful coexistence is never, ever going to come from the attitude of "me and my animals should be free to do whatever we want to your property, but you should not complain or do anything back" So does that mean that my neighbors will never have peaceful co-existance with wild birds and insects, since they are free range, and they can do whatever they want, and some are undesirable, like making poop, eating the fruits of their plants and eating the leaves of their plant. That attitude especially "...but you should not complain or do anything back", is going to lead to many bad things, like extinction or a significant decrease in population of animals and insects, because people kill them, if they don't do what they want them to do. Sad fact is, it is indeed happening, like some species of parrots are hunted down, because they eat commercial vegetation. Peaceful co-existance doesn't necessarily mean that you should do whatever(good or bad), they want you to do, or else they will harm or kill you or other people.

"A peaceful coexistence with your neighbors comes from mutual respect and consideration. Not from abusing their property and thinking there is something wrong with them if they do the same. "
I prohibit my chickens from going into my neighbors house, and I try to get them whenever I see them. I tried to ask my parents to buy fence for the driveway, but so far, my dad doesn't want us to buy the fence. Last year, my neighbors dog comes to my parents property a lot of times, and it drop more poop than the amount of all poop my chickens drop on my neighbors property. The worst of all is that, the dog chased my chickens, and there was a time, when my chicken's wing is spread and 2 of it's front paws is on top of it, and it is about to bite it. Did I complain to them about it? Obviously, I didn't do it. Did I kill it? I might have the right(under law) to kill it if it bite my chicken, but I didn't do it, instead I just chased it to make it go away. Today, the same dog and the owner are happy together. The dog, just like my chickens are sometimes bored and wants to visit a place outside their territory. What is Immoral, about letting them stay on my parent's property and making poop? My chickens made a very little damage to plants, and it will regrow and get replaced. If I knew that they made considerable damage in my neighbors property, then I might place them somewhere where they will most likely not do it. But as stated a lot of times they rarely go in there and make only a little mess if they go in there. Some people as just not considerate to other life forms, because of they don't care and/or love them.
you need to realize that not everyone is like you. Everyone has their own opinions and decisions they make. You cannot force someone to believe something they don't. This is something you need to learn RIGHT NOW before you grow up.

Insects and wild birds do not belong to their neighbor. Wild birds and Insects are part of the property they purchased and wished to live in bliss in. They did NOT buy their house/property so you can free range your chickens on it.
I suspect you are a minor and are having a bit of fun here with some folks. I hope that's not the case and even if it isn't, I believe this horse is dead, ya'll.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom