Does a place like this exist?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Smartie_Pants, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Dar

Dar Crowing

Jul 31, 2008
    I was thinking the UK

2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Crowing

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    We lived in Seattle for a year back in 95/96. Was exactly as you described but was definately expensive housing wise.

3. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Seattle proper, like a lot cities, is pretty expensive, but there are some rural areas where the rents are more living wage friendly.

4. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Western Washington and Oregon.......but they do have VOLCANOs.....I lived there when Mt. St. Helens erupted, chaos!

5. Hi!
    "I started the summer with 21 outside cats..."

You will do well in WA or OR.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa​

6. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Songster

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    Madisonville is in the far south west, just above where the Jackson Purchase is. You can see us on this map, we are Hopkins County which is the orange county above Christian county.

[​IMG]

Which county is around yours?

7. TheBarnSwallow

TheBarnSwallow [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Lit

I only had to stay with a friend in Olympia Washington for 4 months to know it rains TO MUCH for me... but hey if you like that kinda weather... LOL

8. elijahboy

elijahboy Songster

Jul 29, 2009
    goose creek sc
    paradise!!!!! land probably costs alot tho

9. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Quote:I'm in Adair (dead center but towards the bottom - I guess it's only One county away from TN [​IMG] ) I live down at the bottom of Adair, where it meets Cumberland and Metcalfe counties.

Aren't you guys more flat over there? We have a lot of hills around here. Our weather is probably close to the same, however, when a storm moves up I65 (the usual path), it usually side swipes us and misses hitting us very badly. But if a storm hits Nashville, TN then it is usually headed our way.

I love it here [​IMG]

meri

10. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Songster

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    Quote:LOL, and it has become very susceptible to becoming a parking lot after six months too. I don't think most people consider tons of rain paradise though. Usually its the other way around.

How often do these volcanoes erupt? And are they numerous?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: