Does a place like this exist?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Smartie_Pants, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    I'm going to be graduating highschool in the spring, and although I have eight more years of school ahead of me I'm thinking about where I want to live in the future. I want it to be a place that has:

No severe weather (tornados, hurricanes, frequent or severe earthquakes, etc.)

Friendly people

LOTS of rain. I love the rain, and it puts me in a great mood. I wouldn't care if it rained two thirds of the year or more.

Some country, but city too.

Definitly animal friendly

Pretty modereate temps, no extreme heat or cold.

Does a place like that exist?

2. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Sounds like western Washington.

3. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    sounds like Seattle

4. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

You want to live where I live! Yes, it does exist. [​IMG]

5. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    I think parts of Oregon would fit the bill also

6. Hippie Chickie

Hippie Chickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Port Orchard
    Notice how the people who responded are mostly from Western WA? So to answer youre question come join the crazies over here!!

7. NRacine

NRacine Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2008
    I live in WI and I immediately thought Portland or Seattle! I hear the areas around Mt Hood are beautiful and rural enough, but close enough to be able to get to the city.

8. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Notice that they are saying western Washington. I lived in Spokane Washington and the weather is different on the east side of the state. It is more dry. It was still a lovely place with nice people but probably not where you want to live.

I never got to visit the western side of the state before the military transferred us. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  9. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    The pictures of western washington are so beautiful! I think it would be amazing there. Is it an expensive place to live? I don't think I would ever be happy in the city, but I would definatly want to live very close to it. I would never be able to do without dozens of animals running around my property. I started the summer with 21 outside cats, over 50 chickens, and about 14 ducks. That's not even counting the dogs, goats, and other critters. Now I'm down to 5 male cats (all finally fixed. Whoo!) 9 ducks, and about 10 chickens.

10. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

south central KY - but we do get the occasional tornado. Winter is rain - not much snow. Temps average around 35 daytime in winter - sometimes up to 45. Gets really cold for a couple weeks every January (down in the teens or twenties)

Summer can be muggy, temps can go to 100+ but not over 110.

Although, right now it feels more like September in Michigan than Kentucky [​IMG] having a weird year, here with the weather.

eta - where is madisonville? you got to come down by us, it is much nicer down here [​IMG] I'm about two counties from the TN line.

meri

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by