Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MrDankYT

Songster
6 Years
Feb 11, 2017
Hello, I was wondering about a roof for an outside turkey coop, i mean i've seen alot of people just have fences and that goes good but i mean turkeys can fly a little even if they're domesticated so does an outside turkey coop need a roof?

Hello, I was wondering about a roof for an outside turkey coop, i mean i've seen alot of people just have fences and that goes good but i mean turkeys can fly a little even if they're domesticated so does an outside turkey coop need a roof?

As already stated, if it doesn't have a roof it isn't a coop. Perhaps your question should be whether or not turkeys need a coop.

Turkeys do need a place that is sheltered so they can get away from the wind. They need a place that provides shade. Heritage turkeys need a place they can roost. These needs can be met by a coop or a wall or trees, etc.

My turkeys roost outside in all kinds of weather but it is in a sheltered place away from the wind. I have provided them with a shaded area that they take advantage of even in the winter on bright sunny days.

Back
Top Bottom