Does any body knows what are the parents for HY-LINE BROWN Chickens?

Thanks if I breed them to a hiline brown roo what would I get
If you breed Red Sex Links under any label (Hyline Brown, Bovans Goldline, Red Star, Golden Comet, Cinnamon Queen, Golden Buff, Isa Brown, etc., you will just get mixed breeds (barnyard mutts) as Red Sex Links are hybrids that will not breed true. The offspring will probably be good layers, but will likely not be the egg laying machines that their mothers are and you will not be able to sex them by color at hatching.

How come they come with a black tail and black round their necks, and when I buy them they're white tail and white neck feathers?

No, when I see people breeding Rhode Island Red with a light Sussex they have black on them whereas these hatcheries can produce them with white on them and are a tonnes better layer

Greetings from Greece everyone.
If you search on dominant cz website, you will understand that light sussex doesn't participate.
If you use a light sussex as a mother, the tail of the hybrid hens and roosters will be black.

Also, white leghorn can't participate as a purebred mother because she has dominant white genes. The offspring will both be white in feather color.

Maybe, the red roo is a pure rhode island red and the white hen a rhode island white X white leghorn cross.

Hy-Line is a company brand name, not the name of a specific cross. Hy-Line produces a number of different strains and crosses for commercial egg laying purposes. They call their specific Red Sex Link, which is produced by crossing a RIR roo X LS hen a "Hy-Line Brown." They also produce an RIR roo X WL hen, which they call a "Hy-Line Sonia." The Black Australorp rooster X White Leghorn hen cross is sold by many hatcheries, and is usually called an "Austra White." Hy"Line also markets a strain of pure White Leghorn which they call a "Hy-Line W-36." It is Hy-Line's equivalent of the "Pearl White Leghorn."

They sell many strains of white leghorn. Some who are greater layers and some who are chosen to lay very very big eggs.

The brown is a cross between RIR roo over RIW hen I think.

The silver brown is the opposite: RIW roo over RIR hen.

The sonia gray is a cross between a white leghorn and a RIR roo.

I can't be sure, but I think that so it is.

Back
Top Bottom