does any have any bantam ducks???

I wasnt sure if it was mentioned, but small or large - it's the females that make the most noise - especially the call ducks - that was their purpose, I believe? I have Indian Runner ducks that are less noisy - and the females still have a louder "voice" than the males, who whisper. My Khaki Campbell's are larger and louder - again with the female being having the most distinct sound out!

Just a comparison of ours:

Call Ducks - small size - females have a large voice
Runner Ducks - medium size - females are quieter than the Call hens
Khaki Campbell - larger than both Call and Runner - bigger birds - females louder than the Runner, quieter than the Call.

Quote:
Hey, turbo, the whites are beautiful, and then I think I'd go with tfpets advice and get a male who is not as noisy, can you sex them at hatching or are they like bantam chickens? And to answer your question, I would definitely be interested in apple yard. I'll check your website again, please keep me posted on the hatch.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey tfpets, I will take your advice, thankyou, that is exactly what i wanted to know, I read about Muscovy males hissing, wasn't aware of a bantam breeds lower tone.

Quote:
That is such a funny clip, they never gaveup.
lol.png

They are $25 each. All the ducklings come from show quality breeders. We ship at 2 weeks of age. Box and shipping charge is $50. We just won 1st & 3rd place with our white hens at the Green River poultry show.

Thanks! I'm sure they're worth it, but that's out of my price range for newly hatched pets. :) I don't care about showing them, just enjoy having animals around that I enjoy. Thanks, though!

Alabamagirl, I still only have the one Call Duck egg. Though, I believe you said that you didn't want Call Ducks anymore, anyway..... Just get back to me
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom