Does any one think there backyard is a zoo/barn!!

ShellyBear

Songster
9 Years
Jun 10, 2010
I have 20 chickens, 6 dogs, 4 cats, 1 rabbit, a donkey, 2 parakeets, a million fish, and 2 ducks yet to come, used to have 5 geckos.
So my backyard is a zoo/barn its probably not the largest but in my town its quit a bit. Is you backyard or in your house like mine, full of animals.
yippiechickie.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have quite a menagerie. I haven't had that kind of variety in several decades, but when I was growing up I had all kinds of different animals so I know what you are experiencing. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your mini-zoo.

Thanks I really like the BYC its the most fun I've had in a wile on the computer, and I've made some new friends.
do you have any animals to this day?

Last edited:
Thanks I really like the BYC its the most fun I've had in a wile on the computer, and I've made some new friends.
do you have any animals to this day?

Currently, only our chickens, three cats, and some fish. Our family lives in a multi-generational duplex, and my son-in-law wants to get some goats. I used to have some Nubian goats so I'm all for it, and willing to help him any way I can. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) wants to get some dogs, rabbits, and guinea pigs as well. I've raised both rabbits and guinea pigs in the past, and plan on getting some for her in the spring or early summer. She is getting old enough to really be responsible for pets, so we'll probably end up getting some other kinds of animals as well.

Thanks guys, I love this website its my favorite. To answer one of your questions about the million fish, well I really only have a few hundred, believe me I wouldn't even be close to having that many patience to count all my fish. So I truly don't have a million fish, just a few hundred.
big_smile.png

Absolutely! At one point, my house looked like a pet store and my backyard was becoming a petting zoo! We had 3 55 gallon fish tanks, a 75 gallon, a 35 gallon, 2 five gallons as well as an outdoor pond...all stocked with everything from koi to African cichlids to cherry shrimp! We also had bearded dragons, leopard geckos and a 35 g terrarium with anoles, tree frogs and house geckos. Let's not forget the lovebirds and a cockatiel! Outdoors we had rabbits, 2 cats and 3 dogs and a pond. It was exhausting!! That's when I had a revelation on how backwards my priorities were. All that time and money on plants and animals with zero return. That's when I decided on pets with a purpose! Now we have a flock of 21 chickens and a herd of 8 nigerian dwarf goats...and our cats, dogs, rabbit, and of course our pond. Except we've moved our backyard farm out to the country where neighbors are a little more accepting :) Good to know others have seen my madness!

Back
Top Bottom