does any one want to join me ?

Watching one zip right now. Long day waiting...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the 20th day for me - 1 egg pipped at around 11 AM this morning, another at about 5:30 PM. They're both bantam eggs. Out of the thirty-something eggs, a few are bantams and most are egg layer hybrids. None of the larger eggs show signs of life. Yet.
Pipped egg #1 took approximately an 8 hour break, and I was concerned about it. Now it's enlarging its pip hole and kind of breaking through the membrane, but not really doing much zipping. It's been about 13 hours.
Pipped egg #2 (strangely enough, located right beside the first one) has not broken through the membrane yet. I'm hoping that it won't dry out. It's pushing gently but hasn't made too much progress - it's been over 6 hours for this one.
They are both doing occasional chirping. I'm nervous about this batch and very much wanting one to come out...
jumpy.gif

Good luck with hatching, everyone!

Hooray! Three bantams are hatched, and it's the 21st morning!
wee.gif

We placed the eggs in the incubator in the evening, so I'm hoping that means our layer eggs will pip this evening. So far nothing from them...
hmm.png

Had four hatch over night! Three to go and one pipped. Today is actually day 21 for two of those, i just put them in the hatcher at the same time since they were only a day apart.

The little gray one in the pic is one we had to interfere it had blood coming out of its bum,its fine now.

No, sorry, I don't. I'm not experienced with chicken breeds -- I've only owned Barred Rocks, RIR, Silkie, Columbian Rock, Araucana, hybrids, etc. No really rare or unusual breeds.
Lovely chick though!

Can't wait for more eggs to pip
fl.gif
Three hatched are doing great, though.

Back
Top Bottom