Does anybody find driving relaxing?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

I'm not talking about the stop light to stop light, people up your butt city driving. I'm asking about out in the country 2 lane, no traffic, enjoy the view type driving. I was off work today so I decided to make a feed run. It's an hour drive each way and all back roads until the last maybe 2 miles to the feed mill. I saw a couple deer, 3 wild turkeys out in a field and lots of nice views. A nice relaxing drive.

Steve

2. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Nope. Absolutely hate driving, but have the pleasure of driving 24 miles each way to work 5 days a week through some country roads. My husband on the other hand LOVES to drive, in fact he does it for a living. I like being a passenger so I can enjoy looking at the animals, trees, and overall scenery.

3. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:I feel almost the same way. I HATE driving, hate it, hate it. But I don't like sitting as a passenger either. I wrecked about a year and a half ago, and since then, even sitting in a car stresses me out. Oh, by the way, my husband is a truck driver. LOL Opposites attract and all that... [​IMG]

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I love driving. My vacations are usually driving several thousand miles over a weeks time on secondary roads.

5. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    Yes, I like just driving around. We live amongst the river bluffs along the Mississippi River in Southwest Wisconsin. The roads are up and down, winding and threading their way from the ridges to valleys. Although I grew up here there are many routes in our county that I'm not familiar with and with the winding roads it's not always clear to me where any specific road is going to take me. So my wife I and go out exploring a lot. "Where does that road go?", "I don't know, let's find out..."

6. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I LOVE driving. And not the the people on your hieny driving but the open road, going out of town to my daughters softball tournaments, good music, good laughs, just the two of us raod trips [​IMG]

She signed her National Letter of Intent to play softball at Adams State College in Alamosa, CO just today. I'm going to miss this time with her [​IMG] It's been her and I every summer for the past 9 years. I'm hoping my 9 year old daughter keeps her softball bones so she and I can travel and go on our roadtrips, just the two of us......

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I love being a passenger..
    I hate driving ..

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I generally like driving, unless of course I know that Steve is on his Sunday drive and going 12 mph in a 40 mph zone and I'm behind him trying to get to work on time.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I find driving tractor very relaxing.

10. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I have always enjoyed driving. The last 15 years I worked involved several hours of driving a week at employer expense, usually on 2 lane country roads. It was like a mini-vacation every week.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by