does anybody have any rabbit questions

I was actually coming here to ask a rabbit question!

I have a male Angora and have been offered a female Lop (I think that's what it is)

My male is used by a friend as a stud for her female Angora's and I do not want to have him neuterd but would like to get another rabbit.

Would getting this female and having her fixed be ok?

If so fill me in on having rabbits fixed.

THANKS!

Quote:
The issue I can see happening with that is that the intact male may try to hump the poor girl to death! I think getting another cage and allowing them to be withing sight is the best option. Good luck!

rabbits do not handle surgery well , the anesthsia isnt well tolerated, some can come through it fine others never come out of it.
sad.png

the one and only rabbit I had spayed died on the table, vet was knowledgable with rabbits and surgery, she just couldnt handle it.

its your decision but not one I would ever make again.

Quote:
I have a question about rabbits. Can they live in the henhouse? with the hens? I was just wondering if a rabbit could run around on the floor in the same area as the chickens, or would they fight, or would the chickens kill the rabbit, or vice, versa? Just curious! Thanks, Kristy

You could house them together but my experience is its a no no.
coccidia, poop in the fur, chances of them ingesting each others waste is too high and likely dangerous.
I have heard people say the rabbits fight with the chickens and could possibly kill them but I have not had that be the case.
remember rabbits are ground animals and will dig, chickens roost where ever they can. if there are cages they will roost on rabbit cages and make a pooie mess of the fur.
totally your choice , but not one I would make again.

i would but don't let them in the coop but they can run around in the run with the chickens but move them out when it is time to put them out

I read that you can put the does back in with the bucks two weeks after breeding, and if they are bred they will not stand for them, but will fight them off.

Is this true? I thought about trying it, I am afraid I would hurt them if I palpated...

Back
Top Bottom