Does anyone else hate their neighbors as much as I do???

hypnofrogstevie

chick magnet
16 Years
Jul 12, 2007
Newport, MI
I have a neighbor who has had the health deartment here non stop about my chickens. She cant do anything about it because I take great care of them and they are not neglected. She said that they been complaining about them saying "they are an eyesore and should not be on the porch". It's out property and we can do what they heck we want! The next one is my fave one. She laso had a complaint about our cars from them saying "there are to many cars". We have 3 in the driveway and one project car in the garage. The doors are shut on the garage so no one can see it. I mean come on... really? 2 of the 3 cars are used. I myself am working on the blue one since it needs a new manifold and new brakes. Now he has complained over 5 times and has had the health department here 5 or more times. We did call the police on harassment charges but we need evidence. We got some evidence caught on video but need more. We have fencing up but dont have the money to put up bigger fencing.

If there are any typos I am sorry.

Can you plant a row of something super fast-growing, like the Auss-tree?

Those would grow up within 2 years to block the view.

I would spend the money to set up cameras so that anything they do is caught- these things often escalate into really aggressive behavior, and I'd hate to see him poison your birds or vandalize you- get cameras NOW.

If you live in a neighborhood with covenants or a town that limits the number if vehicles in the yard or chickens, then he might be able to complain. If you have no such restrictions, then you have no worries. Personally, I would relocate my manure pile right next to the property line, get some long crower type roosters and park some of my friends cars in the driveway. If he wants to see an eyesore, show him one. Then hang a big sign on your fence that says, No Trespassing and NO LOOKING!!!

Thnaks for the replys. There are no restrictions since our whole town is about farming. Also no restrictions on cars as someone down the road has 5. I have to catch him on the camera slowing down and speeding up after he passes our house. He does it everyday. We might be moving by next year but I will try to look up that auss-tree. I tried growing pampas grass but no luck. We also put up signs on our property but that wont do no good.

Last edited:
I'd try to keep it civil while you live there. No sense in making your life hell by being obnoxious and giving reasons to retaliate.

Thats true. The lady who used to live here left cause of him. She had horses, goats and pigs. We found 5 acres of property about 2 hours away but dont know if we will get it.

Plant Oleander between the properties and tell them it makes a lovely tea.
hide.gif

Quote:
Sure hope that works out for you all!

Meanwhile, as Maple said, no point giving him any ammo. Kill him with kindness instead!

Back
Top Bottom