Does anyone else have spoiled chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by crawfordmama, Jul 7, 2010.

1. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Songster

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    My babies are around 2 1/2 weeks old. They hate being in their brooder for anything other than sleep (and even then it's a chore to get them to stay). They are now flying out of it to be with me. They are perfectly content following me around the house, not bothered by our dogs or cats. If I sit down to use the computer, they snuggle up to my feet. They don't like to be held anymore, but they're more than happy to sit on a chair next to you to perch. If I try to secure them in their brooder they cry like crazy. Last night we could hear them in our bedroom with our door shut with the A/C on, plus the door where they were located was shut. Somehow I've raised house chickens! Pretty sure my husband won't be okay with keeping them in the house forever...[​IMG]

2. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Songster

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    My little ones have associated me with treats, so when they can see me they make all kinds of noise in the brooder. I had to turn the brooder so that they can not see me as I go about my daily chores around the house. Out of sight out of mind, I guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by