Does anyone else have three or more brooders going right now????

cjeanean

Can't Decide
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Missouri
Right now I have FOUR brooders, two with meat chicks, one with Ameraucanas, and one with new baby chicks. All are different ages. Anyone else????

I have 2 metal feed trough brooders in the garage. One w my mother's day chicks that I hatched and one with EE and one NHR and one unknown white pullet and my Mille fleur roo. He got beat up in the coop so he is staying with the younger ladies. I also have a guinea pig cage brooder in my bedroom that will hold my frizzle polish and sizzles once they hatch.

counting all the rubbermaid totes-- and 1 wooden box-- I have 10 brooders-YIKES-- and a hen with new babies and 2 broodies still sitting-- 2 incubaotrs due in a week-- I suspect I am a hatchaholic

I have three going. One with 22 Top Hats . One with 9 Sultans and one with 12Frizzles and 3 Buff Japanese. This has been too much . I will never have that many babies again. I like to hold and play with each one and having so many makes it impossible!
he.gif

I have 4 hens with 29 total babies, 2 hens setting on eggs, 4 half growns left from a group of 56 chicks I bought to resale, and 2 show potential standard cochin 9 week olds that are enjoying themselves out of the brooder. Setting another dozen under another hen on Saturday and some bantams next week.

ya.gif
I am proud to say I have NO CHICKS in the HOUSE!!!
ya.gif

wee.gif

Matt

Quote:
Well if you don't count the 35 eggs in the incubator I do not have any chickens or turkeys in the house. Oops I guess that is not true, I have a couple of baby turkeys piping as I type.
roll.png
Maybe next week there will not be any birds in the house.... Uh, probably not.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom