Does anyone else kiss their hens?

SF Farmgirl

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 11, 2009
San Francisco
I can't help it--they're so cute! I like to grab them and kiss them right on the beak. They squawk but that's the price you gotta pay for being so beautiful.

Yes I do! I can't help it! I'm sure I got the chicken cooties by now! I like kissing them on their little heads!
wee.gif

I don't think I'd care to have a chicken that close to my face. One quick peck and you'd be risking serious eye injury. Also I don't think they would like it. They might find my breath offensive, KFC.

OK, Thats happened to me but I still do it.It drew blood on my eyelid and nose, hurt too! (I'm a Natural blonde) In my defense, she was a new hen... hadn't even gotten her home yet! My hubby just looked at me like I was nuts
wee.gif

Quote:

Last edited by a moderator:
I kiss my chickens all the time.

When I pull their cute little faces in for a kiss they let out a sigh sound....

make me think they are saying...

"Here she goes again.... with the kisses"

They don't seem to mind though and I have noticed they hang around even more after spending time iwth "mom."

I wasn't even trying to kiss my little pullet. She was just sitting there on my shoulder gazing adoringly at me...and BAM...she pecked my lip!! It actually bled a tiny bit. Cured me of any thoughts of chicken kisses...lol.

Back
Top Bottom