Does anyone else kiss their hens?

Quote:
ME!
sickbyc.gif

You must be kidding- do you know where that beak has BEEN???? Might as well kiss the cat's feet, straight out of the cat box!

Not a chance. I love my chickens, but they are working animals, not cutsey-wutsey, cuddly-wuddly pets!
sickbyc.gif

Kissing chickens and other critters, that seems like a great way to pick up a rare and unusual micro-organism.

Short answer, I know- NO. (I get carried away about kissing animals)
roll.png

Quote:
Ha that happened to me once.. but i wasnt trying to kiss them. just bending down and i guess they thought my eye was shiny? :O but luckily i can still see out of that eye and no harm was done
wink.png

I gave Speckles all kinds of hugs and cuddles and neck scritches while she sat in my lap, but not on the beak. She would actually make a sweet little trilling noise when I scritched her neck just right. We took naps together too. I would close the blinds in the bedroom and lie on the bed on my back with Speckies on my chest. She would settle down and we would both just zonk out for several minutes, but then she'd remember that there were potato chips to be eaten, grubs to be scarfed up and it wasn't really night at all---Mom just closed the drapes!!

Only the babies and youngsters they get kisses right on the top of their head, I love the smell of chickens, maybe I'm just weird but I know they like the attention. Sometimes I'll rub my nose on the top of their heads. Has anyone else done this or is it just me?

YES YES YES, all 4 of my girls are subjected to daily kisses.... and now that they are just starting to squat and getting ready to lay they are much easier to pick up and love on. and I am not ashamed to say it ! lol....

Hi,
I am going to make this my very first post. Our 12 EE pullets are still in the house. (Hatched Mid October). Coop is not quite done...
Yes we kiss and snuggle with the chickens. Not on the beak of course.. (That is only for my wife to kiss on the beak/lips....
lol.png
We kiss them on the head or neck. Who can resist, so soft and cute, those eating machines are.
ON

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Organics North!

I don't kiss my chickens. I don't think it's disgusting though.
Who could resist their cute, little faces?
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom