Does Anyone Embroider Their Own Quilt Labels?

The backing is a medium lavender color, like the triangle pieces between the blocks in the pillow tuck area. My favorite color is green, but I love sage green with violet combo. This was Ranee's color choice based on a quilt I did years and years ago, another medallion type. At least she can say it's a complete original. Even I didn't know what it was going to be till I was on the last border.

This is the one she loved and wanted one in similar colors:

Dcp00631.jpg

You know what? I used freezer paper to make quilt piece patterns for many, many years and I'd completely forgotten that I could do this. We need a forehead-slapping smiley! Thanks so much for the reminder! I think I might just do it this way since I can't embroider.
thumbsup.gif

Yeah, sometimes, my quilt projects can be comic relief in themselves, LOL. I just wanted to make sure that this quilt had a real dedication of some type on it, since she asked for one two years ago and I know she is a woman who will really treasure it. I have until Dec. 18 to finish it because there will be a family dinner and she will be coming from SC, so a great time to present it to her.

I bought the printer transfer paper from the quilt shop to make my labels. you must reverse the image when you print onto it and then you put it face down on your label fabric and iron it to transfer the ink over. I have a scanner, so I scan a piece of the fabric from the quilt as a background, lighten it up so that the text would show up good, then just print it off the computer.

I thought about that, but wasn't sure I could pull it off for some reason. Guess I'd have to try it to really get how it's done. There are books of iron on labels you can buy, too, I've seen, like these below:

61tPPo6fNOL._SS500_.jpg
61B7RUEd1IL._SS500_.jpg

with all joking aside your work is beautiful, and this purple quilt is wonderful. thanks for sharing, i just got a new machine that does embroidery, so i might see if i can make some lables. not sure yet. lol
clap.gif

You can use fabric paint and make your label. I did that and also embroidered my labels. Now I have an embroidery machine and I make them that way because I can put any sentiment on the label I want. The permanent ink works well also. Michaels will make special order stamps and then you can stamp it on a label and add it that way. You can't put someones name on it that way but a basic stamp and then use permanent ink pens to add names to it. Lots of luck.

Back
Top Bottom