Does Anyone Embroider Their Own Quilt Labels?

It's on and I did fold down the upper corners, didn't try to make it perfectly even. Finally, done. Sweet Dreams, Ranee.

DSCN4129.jpg

I love your quilt--the colors and different pattern shapes. What a lucky niece! I'm sure she will treasure it. I wish my hand quilting was as even and beautiful as yours.

Even though I use freezer paper, I still have a hard time writing on the label. The problem is just writing on fabric, I think. I'm lucky that I have a lot of small scraps of novelty fabric. On the little doll quilt that I made from scraps, I had a Victorian little girl novelty fabric that worked perfectly. The little girl is holding her doll.

I like using the printable fabric paper. You can design whatever you want on the computer then put this paper in just like any other.
After it prints out, peel off the backing and iron it on. I also sew it on for good measure
smile.png

BTW, that quilt on the first page is gorgeous!
Editted to add the fact that I didn't see past the first page
hide.gif

She was in tears over it (good ones, that is, LOL). She said, "Oh, Aunt Cynthia! It's gorgeous!" as she unfolded it and laid it on my SILs bed to see it for the first time. It was a big hit. And she sent me pics of it on her bed at home when she got back to SC.

I once gave one of my handmade quilts to a friend as a housewarming gift and she's never used it - she keeps it in her linen closet with "her other blankets." I was so mad. Quilts are hard work and meant to be displayed, used, and loved. Not stuffed in a linen closet. She didn't even give me a thank you. That was the last handmade gift she was going to get from me. Sigh. Some people just don't appreciate handmade items.

Your quilt is beautiful. I'm so glad your niece is someone who appreciates it!!! Blessings! Blessings! Blessings!

Back
Top Bottom