Does Anyone Embroider Their Own Quilt Labels?

Beautiful quilts, as always.

She might really treasure any or all of the label that you write by hand, too. I know it means a lot to me to have little hand written notes in greeting cards that I receive. I always think of the person when I'm looking at their handwriting. It's so personal.

You can also border a label with a little strip of pretty fabric, like a pretty little frame. Sometimes I do that, too. Or fussy cut something from fabric that you like and applique it in a corner of the label. I've done that, too.

I appreciate the suggestions and compliments! I like the fussy cut idea, WW. I did get a permanent fine point marker for the task and will choose a piece of fabric and make a handwritten label for it. Just completed the quilting tonight and it's ready for binding.
ya.gif
Will post a photo when I do make the label.

Here is a shot of the backing fabric the label will be attached to:

DSCN4106.jpg

lovely backing and quilting. I machine embroidered a label for the first time for my granddaughters wedding quilt and I put her and her husbands name on it, the date of the wedding and love from grandma.

yes, there is. I am on it but it's been pretty quiet latley. Just browsw through the forum topics and you'll come across some quilting stuff.

Those are cute! I'll have to peruse my stash and see if I have something I can cut that would make a good label to write on. I'm binding the quilt now-almost finished the first long side. At least, barring crazy unforeseen circumstances, I'll have it done by the Dec. 18 family dinner.

Quilt is finished. Here is the label I made with artist's pen (India Ink-waterproof, fadeproof). Is it too lame to attach? Wish I could write better on fabric, but it is what it is. Had nothing I could really fussy cut so used a tone-on-tone lavenderish fabric. Very basic, I realize. I'll look for fabrics that would make good labels in the future so I won't be caught off guard again.

DSCN4127.jpg

Back
Top Bottom