Does anyone have a chicken garden?

Apr 17, 2022
Denmark
Hi, I have been thinking about making my hens a garden, I know what to plant in it but the question is can you make one that doesn’t take a long time? Mabye just sprout of something so they can get a grass like thing, for now so they have something little while the big garden is Growing😊

can you give them a fresh turf every couple of days? Maybe rotate them from your lawn, if you have one? If you change it over before they eat it to the ground, it should regenerate when you put it back in the lawn.

I kind of have a chicken garden. As they eat any and all things the trick is to be able to give it a rest so it can recover and regrow. So basically, a gated area that they can go into every so often is cool or grow stuff under cages and then lift for them when it is time.
20230301_072538.jpg

Or have your own garden and toss the scraps and let them clean bugs out of at the beginning and end of your growing season. Chickens arnt that picky 😆💕

Hi, I have been thinking about making my hens a garden, I know what to plant in it but the question is can you make one that doesn’t take a long time? Mabye just sprout of something so they can get a grass like thing, for now so they have something little while the big garden is Growing😊
Yes ,
hi I have an excellent chicken garden, lots of flowering trees, cherry, also large lavender rosemary and thyme shrubs , yes chicken scratch but I’ve put small half bricks under the soil surface around the plants and they work really well,

Back
Top Bottom