does anyone have a chicken that gives hugs?

chkinut

Songster
9 Years
Feb 25, 2010
Leesburg, Ohio
i have the most wonderful girl! her name is Cricket, she's a SCM, and she hugs me ever day! she's so sweet! when i put her on my lap, she will try to get even closer to me by leaning up against my chest and burying her head in my hair. and sometimes she'll peck around at my hair too. she just loves being close. i've had pet chickens as a teenager, but i've never had one do this before. does anyone else have a hugging chicken?

How sweet.......Have someone take a picture of that and post it.
love.gif

69266_dsc_2391.jpg

69266_dsc_2261.jpg

I have a luv bug too. Ginger is a BO and she's younger in these photos. If I don't pick her up, she flies up to my shoulder and nibbles on my hair and just loves to snuggle. The second photo, she hopped up onto my DH's shoulder but he had his hoodie up and she just stepped right up on top of his head. Stood there looking around like, where's the hair? I'm used to snuggling?

I have had a chicken with a bug

one gave me a tug.

I have had a cicken with a slug

one that could chug

but never have I had one give me a hug

I have a EE named Aspen who gives me hugs. She prefers to not be picked up (actually she screams bloody murder when I grab her), but if I squat down she will jump on my back, sit down there, wipe her beak on my clothes
roll.png
, and peck my head affectionately.

Aspen's the one in the front. She's also the chicken on my avatar.
DSC_0052-9.jpg

Quote:
How funny. My EE doesn't like to be picked up either. But watches the BO jump on me and thinks, okay, this must be normal so I'll jump on mom too. But she gets right up to my face and freaks and jumps off.

great pics from everyone! i will try to get a pic of cricket!! MY ginger (not the sweet BO ginger in the previous post) but my Ginger (an EE) here is Crickets best friend. she hates to sit on my lap! but she WILL let me pick her up and talk to her and pat her while i'm holding her standing up. she's super quiet too! cricket, however, hates it when i stand up holding her. she feels like her feet need to be resting on something. oh the silly personalities of our girls huh? btw, i think chickens get MUCH sweeter after they start laying eggs.

Last edited:
NO
hit.gif
this is the look I get when I try to be cuddly with them. And Firecracker tries to poke my eyes out if I am too close, she must think they are shiny
idunno.gif

87534_dsc00762.jpg

Back
Top Bottom