does anyone have a clue

elijahboy

Songster
10 Years
Jul 29, 2009
goose creek sc
I have been searching long and hard for this simple recipe

Down south the chinese restaurants have fried chicken wings (i say down south cause when i lived in maryland they didnt sell it) but they are drooling good

the crust is extremely crispy and the skin of the chicken is like an orange or yellow tint i was wondering if this was a certain breed of chicken or did they marinate it in something special and what did they bread it in

does anyone have a recipe similar or even close

all it is is fried chicken wings but when i make them they are just plain fried chicken wings

what asian/chinese marinade would it be that makes the skin orange/yellow i have tried soaking the wings in soy sauce and
sad.png

cw

Songster
11 Years
Jan 11, 2009
green co.
i know what your talkin about, but dont know what they marinade it in, i think its actually somesort of orange pulp

elijahboy

Songster
10 Years
Jul 29, 2009
goose creek sc
golly if i knew what it was i would save so much money

one trip to the chinese store is 20.00 and im addicted

i can do without everything else well except for the crabmeat cream cheese wontons omg they will make you slap someone with one bite

pattypenny

Songster
12 Years
Sep 27, 2007
I worked at tyson a time ago and we made them they are mardianed in a hot sauce and then coated with flour which has hot pepper in it.

chickNpink

Chirping
10 Years
May 19, 2009
Missouri
yes, the tempura is usually with the "ethnic/Chinese" food isle or where you would find the Shake-N-Bake type stuff.

It comes in an envelope or a box......you add the wet ingredients

soy sauce =
sad.png
maybe try teryaki sauce

Let us know how it turns out!

Last edited:

Top Bottom