Does anyone have a good heartburn remedy???

I can pity you here! Heartburn/reflux runs in my mom's family and I was blessed with it as well. My mom and I both take Prilosec every day and only have problems if we forget to take it one morning, can tell by late afternoon that we're getting a sour stomach.

I was to the point where I was actually sick to my stomach on a nightly basis, even with taking Ranitidine every morning, but the Prilosec has been my salvation for the last year now, but still careful about 'sketti and leary to eat it cause I got sick on it so many times before. Altho Chili or anything Mexican doesn't bother me. Can't eat peppers either (altho I can eat salsa, explain that!)

Glad you feel better!

I'm on Nexium, and that sometimes fails me. The 2 am attack is a killer, and not even half a bottle of tums works.
tongue.png
I end up chewing crushed ice and/or a frozen piece of bread. The ice helps the most, I think.

Thank you PC for starting this thread, and I'm glad you are better!

No more crushed ice in the middle of the night for me now, though!
I didn't know about the baking powder tx or about the chewable papaya enzymes...guess what I'm gonna stock up on?
cool.png

Last edited:
I used to suffer from heartburn and indigestion when I was married. I popped tums like pez, couldn't be without Zantac or I'd panic. I haven't had either since the divorce...
lol.png

I can't believe this topic drummed up so much interest and info. Thanks
again to everyone for contributing and caring.

Mudhen, nice to see ya. Some of my family takes Nexium. It's expensive but effective.

Joan, your post made me chuckle. Your blood pressure probably went down too.
I do believe the statistics say unmarried women live longer.

Thanks All!!!

Don

I get bigtime HB and indigestion if I don't chew properly, or work hard after a meal, or don't drink enough during a meal. The only thing that helps me is diet coke , chugging it and belching, until there is no more pain.

Prilosec--it takes a few days on, but does help for everyday reflux. Try the GERD Diet if nothing else works....
Basically, nothing of any color, nothing spicy, nothing made with heavy oils. LOL Check online for more info.
My DD had this from babyhood til recently (age 12). She always had gravel-voice, but found this was her tummy. Wow! Finally she's back to a normal diet.
--bjcoop

Back
Top Bottom