Does anyone have a pea without headfeathers?

She's still a pretty girl
love.gif
even with her "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree"
gig.gif
!

Yes she is, thanks for saying so, and such a devoted momma.

My original peahen was an adult at purchase and never had crest feathers, I don't know if it was an injury or genetic and didn't have a peacock so never got offspring from her.

What are you feeding them?
when did you last worm them and what did you use and for how many days?
I asked this because when my peas crowns start looking sparse and no new ones coming in , i check my calender and it has been a couple months sense all my birds had been wormed, i worm them and in a week there crest looks better and the condition of their feathers improve.,

Diet also has a tremendous effect on feather condition and growth
wink.png

This IBPied hen in the front didn't have any when I got her last year. I thought she might grow a couple during molt but now those two have disappeared. Does the cock in the background look split to BS?

This Cameo Black Shoulder cockerel hasn't had any yet that I have seen.

Kskingbee, I wonder if they related?

J

Oops that's my other bs hen, sorry. I will try to get a better one tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for sharing, rather interesting.

Last edited:
Thora used to have a crest when she was with Calypso. I have Thora and Marshmallow together and at first Thora was being the same annoying pluck crest feathers but the Marshmallow had enough and plucked all of Thora's crest feathers out.

This IBPied hen in the front didn't have any when I got her last year. I thought she might grow a couple during molt but now those two have disappeared. Does the cock in the background look split to BS?

This Cameo Black Shoulder cockerel hasn't had any yet that I have seen.

He seems to have some green blood.

Back
Top Bottom