Does anyone have a son that is not circumcised?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 13 year old son isn't circumcized. I was born in Poland and in Poland boys aren't circumcized unless they are Jewish. After I found out I was having a son, I did research on circumcizion and watched videos online and told myself I could NEVER put my son through that, and besides, it's HIS body, NOT mine. If he decides to have it done when he's older, then that's going to be HIS choice.

I have a son that is intact.If you still have questions email/pm me. I researched the issue to death back when he was born,and then for a few years onward because everyone told me he would have *severe* problems.Never had any problems,but I do know some can occur.We all can have gential issues,but most if not all can be taken care of without the need for surgery.

Had an uncle that had the surgery much later. He was in his 40's when he had his done. Very painful for him!

Either way, the parents would have to make the choices for their sons so it really does not matter what society thinks that the males should be circumcised. Who would even look at themselves in the boy's locker rooms? (I dont know but I had to ask hubby on that one!
tongue.png
)

The reason for this being done is many but primarily infections, and done when very young if at all. If you choose to not have it done to your son when born then I would not recommend having it done ever and you need to teach them to clean under the foreskin daily when they shower and they have to put the skin back after each time don't leave the skin back ever.

When I was in the hospital refusing to get him circumcized, I had to sign more paperwork for my refusal than I would have if I agreed to it. He never had a problem with it. But my ex sister in law had two boys, both were circumcized, the doctor botched up the first one and he has since had to ave 3 corrective surgeries. You would think she would have learned, but no, she had the second son done by the same doctor and he too needed corrective surgeries. When I babysat them when they were babies, and changed their diapers, I was in total shock over what they looked like.

My son was circumcised, but only because I did not know then what I know now. I would never allow its being done to any baby now if I had a say in it.

ETA I was not because I was born in a Kentucky log cabin, almost in a lard bucket that the neighbor lady got for my mom when she thought she had to pee; it was me. My dad had gone to Tompkinsville to get the doctor. If anyone had said "circumcise", neither of my parents or anyone in the area would have known what it meant, let alone discuss it.

Last edited:
When I had my first child, they asked me if it was a boy, did I want him circumcised, and I said yes. I didn't know any better. But I had a girl. When Nick was born, I had already heard about why it wasn't necessary so I did research and I told myself I could never do that. In some countries they circumcise girls at age 2 or 3. This practice is called Female Genital Mutilation. When I saw videos of it being done, I decided to see the differences between boy and girl circumcision and realized there really was no difference. I saw it as barbaric and cruel.

When we came to the US, my mom babysat for a living and she said she didn't realize how many Jewish people lived in the US. Of course back then we didn't know that circumcision was routine here in the US.

Joe, a bucket? Wow. My husband's mom had him when she was 45 and he was supposedly a tumor. Imagine their shock when she goes to the hospital for a tumor and ends up coming home with a newborn.
lol.png

I think it is interesting that little girls get more infections than boys but it is illegal to circumsize them in the US. Also how is an open wound inside a diaper cleaner? There are little boys that lose their penis from a botched circumcision. It is a safer and less painfull surgery as an adult. The risk of removing too much skin is lessened and the man is put under for the procedure. He is also not going to be sitting around with his open wound in urine and feces. Also it is his body, his choice.

Hope this isn't too adult, if so Modly Ones feel 100% free to yank it, but if any moms who've only known circumcised guys are wondering... it's only YEARS later, married for years that I heard through the grapevine that a fella I'd 'known' wasn't... I had no idea at the time. Didn't notice a thing. So if that's at all on your mind, again hygiene (cut or not really) is the main thing. Get that down and from what I've seen there's nothing to complain about with or without from this gal's perspective... though, he was complaining about it just like my brother. Wonder why that is? I didn't notice... maybe I'm just oblivious... but Bro and this fella never seem to want for a GF... *shrug* who knows, I don't, and I'm certainly not gonna ask.

One of the reasons I've heard about circumision is that you wont get infection as easily like STD but honestly STD knows no barriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom