Does anyone have any experience with EZ-Frames Company Bracket Kits?

In case anyone's 'google-ing' and finding this thread . . . I posted my pix of my EZ frame building here
https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/i/6879461/ez-frame-chicken-coop/

Many thanks to the gadjetgardener - and another youtube'r . . .

Yes - customer service is a bit rough. It took about 3-4 weeks to get the connectors (after a couple emails). But as I'm not a good carpenter, this is a great alternative (BTW, I also love 2x4basics.com for this same reason)

Helpful hints - get a couple boxes of 1" drywall screws and you need non-pressure treated 2x2 wood to fit the connectors. Pressure treated wood ends up being slightly smaller that the openings. I still ended up using PT wood for the pieces actually lying on the ground (on the bricks) as I knew they'd see the most moisture. After all was built (and before the girls went in), I coated everything with a quality wood preserver - especially the outside areas that will see rainfall.

I did this totally on my own (being a 55 yo female ;-) . . . You might want help 'raising the roof' and in retrospect - I would have constructed the roof on the ground (with the sheet metal) and had help getting it up . . . but . . .

Happy to answer questions if ya got them. I just was in Key West and found some fun chicken signs at montagekeywest.com - will add these when they're up!

Thank you for posting your album on byc! I've been looking into building a coop with EZ frame, and wasn't sure how difficult the project would be. If we go that route I think we'll purchase through Amazon.

http://www.ezframeup.com/shop/index.php/

Specifically, I'm thinking about ordering their 8x10 coop kit found here:
http://www.ezframeup.com/shop/index.php/8x10-ez-frame-chicken-coop-kit.html

I think 2x2s would work just fine, I would just like to read a review or something before I ordered their product.   I plan on building the enclosed hen house in the back quarter section of the coop, about 2 feet off the ground.

Anybody try this?
I'd be careful ordering directly from EZ Frame. We ordered and paid for a 16 by 8 frame over two months ago and never received our order. We've continued to try to contact the company but they don't respond to email or our voicemails. Not sure this company is legitimate.

Careful ordering from EZ Frame. We placed an order a few months ago and never received the frame. The company does not respond to email or voice messages to their 800 number. We now have no frame and are out about $150.

Do not buy from them. I purchased mine on July 2nd and have yet to ship out my item. They have been saying it has shipped out and I have yet to receive my item and they are not able to provide a a tracking number. I got a hold of PayPal to resolve this yesterday. Ez shed finally provided a tracking number...and guess what it has yet to ship.
I have been reading about them from numerous websites and this is a theme with them.

If I was to buy again, I'd call directly and get order/tracking (if they'd answer) or via Amazon, where you can get money back quickly. It's a family operation, and I did read that they suffered a fire last year - they don't seem to have it together since. Too bad, as I loved the product. It did take me a while to get my kit, and also dealt with 3 different people via email . . . One grumpy, the other two nice.

I did- it was a lot easier than I thought & the instructions were helpful. I ordered a small window off eBay & I think it looks pretty good, especially for a first time!

That is super cute! Was that from the EZ frame kit? What did you spend on materials (aside from the kit)? How many birds do you have? Sorry for the 20 questions (well, 3 I guess. LOL) We're looking at going with a larger coop for our flock and adding some new birds and I'd love to find something that has good instructions and isn't too cost prohibitive - I liked the idea of a kit that gives you the basic outline and lets you fill it in as you like. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Hi-
I came across this post with photos attached of your building your E-Z Frame Chicken Coop. I work for E-Z Frames and wondered if you would mind if posted your photos on our website for everyone to see? You did a great job with your building.
Please let us know.
Thanks
Susan Please private message me here on BYC. Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my saga-

Purchased an 8X16 kit with an extra door on 3/3/2016 through PayPal. No response beyond them taking my money for two weeks. On 3/15/2015, I emailed 3 times and called once- no response. Opened a complaint on PayPal hoping that would get their attention the next day. No response. Escalated it 3/16 again on PayPal. Still no response. On 3/18/2016, they reported to PayPal that they had sent this and provided the UPS tracking number. It was false. I escalated my claim again on Paypal. Asked for a refund. They sent Paypal an email with another false shipping number. Still no direct response to me. ON 3/21/2016 they stated they had problems with PayPal's software but my order had been sent out. They provided another invalid tracking number. On 3/22/2016, a box from them showed up- a very small box. inside were random connectors in a garbage bag tied up and left to bounce around inside. No instructions- no invoice- nothing but a garbage bag full of stuff that had no ID. Several more emails sent and another escalation of my paypal complaint. Now they claim this is just the door kit that I had ordered and the main kit was on its way. They stated that yesterday. I asked for a tracking number for the main kit. You guessed it- the one they sent is invalid. I wish PayPal would just refund my money. I hate that this poor a business is profiting from treating me this way.

DO NOT BUY FROM EZ-Frames!!! They will rip you off! As they have me.

Hi-
I came across this post with photos attached of your building your E-Z Frame Chicken Coop. I work for E-Z Frames and wondered if you would mind if posted your photos on our website for everyone to see? You did a great job with your building.
Please let us know.
Thanks
Susan
Please private message me here on BYC.

Interesting you can contact people on this forum but not respond to emails when you don't deliver.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom