Does ANYONE Have Any Questions About Ducks? Anything can be Asked and Everything Will be Answered.

Who has ducks?

• ME!!!

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • Nope!

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Never!

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Thinking about it (good thing to do)!

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Pics
My females tend to lose feathers on their heads too. As long as the skin doesn't start getting sore and open wound not much you can do. maybe make little helmets!

I have no idea what would take sap off of feathers. maybe goo gone but not sure that would be safe to use on a duck.
I wish I could. I took a pic of here head(I will post in a minute) and there does seem to be a bloody looking scab. I have some poultry wound spray I can spray on it. I go to thinking...would the spray have a bad enough taste that Jeffery(drake) won't care to mate(if he taste it)? I hope so...that would give her head a break.

I accidentally thrown paint on mine.. well, more, they forcefully wanted to be around me while painting...anyway. Molting helped :')
I could have used something to get it off; but that would involve something that could disrupt their water-proof feathers and start them leaking.
I guess; when the duck has no problem with it; leave it on. Otherwise maybe try a natural oil gently? Sap is quite sticky, so if it needs a thurough rubbing to get it off I would personally just let it go away when feathers are replaced. Execive rubbing might do more dammage then the sap just being there? You know best.
Ok thanks! I have noticed it is getting smaller and smaller so I guess it will come off. It is more on his face where the feathers are more like fur so there is no way that a molt could take it off(I am sure they don't molt the feathers from there face). Here is a pic..but it is really not needed. If you look close you can see it on his face. Thanks again guys...great info...and very helpful!

Attachments

• IMG_20190417_120915.jpg
    IMG_20190417_120915.jpg
    815.8 KB · Views: 6
I wish I could. I took a pic of here head(I will post in a minute) and there does seem to be a bloody looking scab. I have some poultry wound spray I can spray on it. I go to thinking...would the spray have a bad enough taste that Jeffery(drake) won't care to mate(if he taste it)? I hope so...that would give her head a break.

Ok thanks! I have noticed it is getting smaller and smaller so I guess it will come off. It is more on his face where the feathers are more like fur so there is no way that a molt could take it off(I am sure they don't molt the feathers from there face). Here is a pic..but it is really not needed. If you look close you can see it on his face. Thanks again guys...great info...and very helpful!

Also face-feathers molt, just not so visiably. Just like your eye-lashes and eyebrows and arm-hair are also replaced by new ones, but it isn't a noticable as the hair on your head that might be in bunches in your comb or shower-drain. So this will eventually grow out. If it is not harming the duck, maybe just leave it be untill it grows out, and tell him a 'beauty-mark' on the face is one of the 7 beauty wonders :p :)
What a cuty-pie btw.

Last edited:
Also face-feathers molt, just not so visiably. Just like your eye-lashes and eyebrows and arm-hair are also replaced by new ones, but it isn't a noticable as the hair on your head that might be in bunches in your comb or shower-drain. So this will eventually grow out. If it is not harming the duck, maybe just leave it be untill it grows out, and tell her a 'beauty-mark' on the face is one of the 7 beauty wonders :p :)
What a cuty-pie btw.
WOW!! I had no they molt on the face. I always learn new things on BYC. Yeah...I was just planning on leaving it. I think he is real cute too.:love

WOW!! I had no they molt on the face. I always learn new things on BYC. Yeah...I was just planning on leaving it. I think he is real cute too.:love

I'm sorry, I don't think I used the right term. Molting does not really fit I guess.
ALL their feathers and skin-cells keeps replacing non-stop, just like on our body's. Molting is the period where they do it heavy because of the change of seasons. I guess at that time the feathers on their face might also be changed more rapid.
But; what I wanted to say for anyone reading and being in a similour situation in the future; no matter molting-season or not; it will grow out, because they allways create new feathers. Just during molting season more rapidly. So it allways grow out eventually.

I'm sorry, I don't think I used the right term. Molting does not really fit I guess.
ALL their feathers and skin-cells keeps replacing non-stop, just like on our body's. Molting is the period where they do it heavy because of the change of seasons. I guess at that time the feathers on their face might also be changed more rapid.
But; what I wanted to say for anyone reading and being in a similour situation in the future; no matter molting-season or not; it will grow out, because they allways create new feathers. Just during molting season more rapidly. So it allways grow out eventually.
Yeah that is what I guessed you where saying...:thumbsup:goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom