Does ANYONE Have Any Questions About Ducks? Anything can be Asked and Everything Will be Answered.

Who has ducks?

• ME!!!

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • Nope!

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Never!

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Thinking about it (good thing to do)!

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Pics
@James Higson every duck is different some like 6 eggs some want 30 it is up to them. All you can do it wait but once the eggs that are in the nest are getting up into day 9- they begin to lose fertility so it’s always a good idea to mark the eggs as they are laid. I do anyway. And there is also the possibility she may not go broody. But I don’t think it has been bred out of calls like it has in other domestic breeds so you have a chance of getting a broody. How many eggs are in the nest now?

if I was going to keep my flock penned most of the time it would have HWC top bottom and sides. Only way you protect them honestly. Initial cost would be high but well worth it to sleep at night knowing everyone is safe.
Thank you, I would like to let them free range with the chickens go out in the afternoon when we get home from work but I want to make sure that IF they do have to stay contained like when we get home late, are away for the weekend or on vacation then they will have enough room and are safe. The sides of the dog kennel has HWC all the way around currently so if it's better for top too then I don't mind the cost. Few extra dollars are worth it for the safety of my girls, For them and for my piece of mind. :barnie

Back
Top Bottom