Does anyone have any silkie crosses, and with what?

jason_mazzy

Songster
9 Years
Jan 7, 2011
I am interested in obtaining and learning about silkie crosses. I was thinking a silkie crossed with a plymouth barred would be great. If you found a good bird you would have a decent sized decent laying and broody female. Anyone brought silkie into a layer or meat bird and wind up with a good sized mama?

Did you see what a nut I've been over my Silkie crosses? Oh I love them. They are the sweetest things, and not bad looking.
DannyBoy is 18 weeks old today: looks like a blue rosecomb, but pet him and its like velvet pudding in your hands, he's soooooo soft:
25976_p110111_1534.jpg

Thanks for the chance to post his picture again. Old ladies like me are thrilled when we learn a new techie skill, like uploading and posting photos!

I have some LF Brahma/Silkie crosses. Don't remember exactly how old they are....8wks maybe. Won't know for awhile longer, but currently I'd still consider them to favor bantam size more.

I had 3 Bantam Cochin/Silkie crosses. Of course, they all turned out roos. One was this really crazy, just unreal coloration (he was eaten by a coon), and the other 2 are white with walnut combs. The larger one is well...pretty ugly, but the smallest one has the build of a Silkie with the hard feathering and fullness of a Cochin. :0)

Back
Top Bottom