Does anyone have Asian Blacks?

Thechickenchick2

Songster
Mar 15, 2018
Rhode Island
I got “tricked” this year by TSCs Black sex link bin. I bought 6 and it turns out they are the new Asian Black mixes. I have 4 pullets and 2 cockerels. Does anyone have any pullets that are laying? Curious to hear at which age they lay and what color eggs they lay? Thanks!

I have two Asian blacks but they haven’t started laying yet. I’m not sure when they start laying but I heard that they lay brown eggs. ‍♀️

I know this is an older thread but I have seen a lot of contradicting info on Asian blacks. People keep saying they are just black sex links. I hope that isn't true. I bought 4 from tsc, from the pullet bin. I know there is always a chance of getting a roo but if they are just black sex links then I got two...TT~TT did any of your hens have yellow on their head/faces?

I know this is an older thread but I have seen a lot of contradicting info on Asian blacks. People keep saying they are just black sex links. I hope that isn't true. I bought 4 from tsc, from the pullet bin. I know there is always a chance of getting a roo but if they are just black sex links then I got two...TT~TT did any of your hens have yellow on their head/faces?
They are not black sex links.. none of my birds had anything other than black on them as chicks (on their faces) and I had two Roos. They had some white patches on their chest but that’s it. Good luck!

Hi Llamacorn. I just posted pictures on another thread regarding Asian Blacks. I don't know if that's what I have. They came out of the pullet bin at TSC and I'm sure one is a roo. I'm hoping the other is actually a pullet. How are yours doing? Have you figured out what you have?

Hi Llamacorn. I just posted pictures on another thread regarding Asian Blacks. I don't know if that's what I have. They came out of the pullet bin at TSC and I'm sure one is a roo. I'm hoping the other is actually a pullet. How are yours doing? Have you figured out what you have?
I thought they were sex link..
But I think one of mine might be a roo too....

Thechickenchick2 could you post pictures of yours. I'd love to see some pictures of what "Asian Blacks" are supposed to look like. Llamacorn probably would like to see some pictures of yours to.

Back
Top Bottom