Does anyone have EE's who are laying at or before 23 weeks?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chick4chix, Sep 17, 2009.

1. chick4chix

chick4chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    My wyandottes began at 21.5 weeks and 22 weeks- still waiting for the EE's - just wondered if they are slower or if it's just mine? [​IMG]

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Since they are EEs, they are mixes, so depending on what breeds were used to make them, it may take them longer or less time to start laying...one of mine from this year is a wyandotte cross, and she started laying already at 19 weeks, but the other one is 22 weeks and not laying yet...unfortunately with EEs there are no standard answers...

3. mzrea

mzrea Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Vermont
    I have 4 EEs. One started laying at 21 weeks, one at 22 weeks and now at 24+ weeks I am still waiting for the other two to lay. [​IMG]

4. chick4chix

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    thanks- I'm keeping my fingers crossed it'll be soon- I can hardly wait to see the colors- are your eggs beautiful? [​IMG]

5. harrisville chicken

harrisville chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Northern Utah
    We have two EE's born on April 1st. One has been laying since Sept 5th, still waiting on the other.

6. StacyK

StacyK Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2009
    Sumner, WA
    I have 3 EE's. The first started laying right at 21 weeks old - pinkish tan egg! [​IMG] The second at exactly 22 weeks (last week) & a pretty dark olive, YAY!! [​IMG] 23.5 weeks now & waiting on the third one..and hoping she's a blue egger [​IMG]

7. Amethyste

Amethyste For Love of Boo...

Mercedes laid at 21ish weeks iirc.... her sisters didnt till the following week.

Been a long time...like 4 years!

8. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    My girls are 24 weeks old and still haven't laid the first egg... Their combs are tiny and very pale..I have NO idea how to tell when a EE is ready to lay..

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  9. chick4chix

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    I know what you mean dixiedoodle- the combs are so small and I can't see the wattles because they are under their muffs! They are getting huge though - bigger than the wyandottes of the same age. I have seen them up in the nest scratching the hay/straw around but nothing yet...
    StacyK- we'd love to see your olive green and pinkish eggs [​IMG]

10. the lemon tree

the lemon tree Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    A neighbor who has an EE said hers started laying at 22 weeks...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by