Does anyone have feather progression of newly hatched chicks over say 2 weeks? (2 pics of my baby)

Lobzi

Crowing
14 Years
May 6, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area, EB
Im trying to determine the age of a baby chick I found 4.5 years ago. He was just killed and so I was going back through some pics I took of him the night I found him. Here are a couple of pics I took of him that evening. Based on degree of wing feather growth, any guesses?

Im trying to determine the age of a baby chick I found 4.5 years ago. He was just killed and so I was going back through some pics I took of him the night I found him.  Here are a couple of pics I took of him that evening. Based on degree of wing feather growth, any guesses?

He looks between 5 days and 2 weeks old. I wouldn't say any older than 2 weeks. Probably around 1 week. :)

My guess has always been a week. Thank you for your response. We were very close. Im going to try and raise another as I did him and I sort of wanted to start at the same age he was. I have chicks hatching the weekend prior to Thanksgiving and will choose one of the brood to be my special one. I will look for wing feather development but at least now I have some idea. My plan was to claim my baby as my own on Thanksgiving. That should be very close to the age of my first one when I found him.

Back
Top Bottom