Does Anyone Have Interesting Salmon Patty Recipes?

juliect

Songster
10 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Niota, TN
I've been having flashbacks to my childhood lately and started experimenting with Mom's recipe from my childhood (I can't leave a recipe alone, I have to add a little of this & a little of that).

Mom's recipe was simply canned salmon with an egg and crushed crackers mixed in & then fried in a skillet. Old Bay has proven to be an interesting addition. Using smoked salmon was also promising.

Does anyone have any interesting ideas or recipes?

Now I dont measure this out so this is a guestamate
1 small onion diced
corn meal about 3/4 cup
1/4 c. flour
1 can of salmon do not drain
mix everything together and fry
I dont use egg
my aunt cuts celery up and adds it to it also but dh doesnt like it like that

Quote:
Yum...cornmeal\\flour sounds really interesting, I bet it provides a nice texture. This is definitely on tops on my "try next" list.

Thanks!

juliect, I too grew up on
salome pattys 2x a week.
cooked in a pan with lite Veg.oil.
This is what my mom did and I do as well.

1 can drained Salome
1 egg beaton before adding to salmone
chopped green onions to your taste
I use 5-6 tablespoons
I use the Italian bread crumbs
enough to keep the patties firm
But before the patties are done toss in some sliced onions to simmer with them. dont let them burn.Just let them get a little golden color. Hummm Iam getting hungry.
sissy ( sliced Red onions)

Last edited:
Quote:
That sounds like MY recipe (no celery here). I like the onion...moistens and flavors. I've made it with and without an egg...the egg seems to help bind it...but it seems more moist without it...

I make your standard salmon patty, salmon, eggs, crackers...

But I make a little sauce to go with it. It's very easy, and is good with any fish.

Take a bowl and spoon some mayo into it. Then pour in a bunch of dill weed. (I never measure.) Stir it in, and there you go. Put a little dollup on top of the salmon patty. Yum!

I use RED salmon not pink,
do the same as you; but put chopped fresh basil and chopped pickled jalepenos in mine.
Then I mix lemon juice with mayo for a sandwhich spread, the only other thing on the sandwich is a big tomato slice.

So many suggestions! I must try them all. I do like the idea of using other items than just crackers...Mom always used Ritz or saltines, and I never thought about changing that up before.

Thanks everyone!

There is an awesome one in the "Desperation Dinners" cookbook!! I checked it out from our library and that was one of the recipes that we really liked. Well, except for DH -- he wondered why was adding all that "stuff" to salmon patties, LOL! If I get a chance I'll post it when I'm at home tonight.

Back
Top Bottom