Does anyone have satellite radio? Need advice...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CarriBrown, Nov 2, 2008.

1. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I'm looking into satellite radio but I'm a little confused....
    I want something that I can take in my car, bring in the house, and take in the boat. I see they have "dock & play" radios, but how do I find out if that thing will hook up to my current home audio system? I don't want to get a boombox thing for it to plug into. I want it to hook up and play out of my home speakers just like my iPod does.
    Then I was just thinking of getting the "a la carte" music package.

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I beleive the sirius stiletto can do that. This whole house uses sirius. I used to use the car docking kit and bring it into the house and use my sound system to play the music from it. The stiletto you can take anywhere though. Even while jogging.

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oh really? Hum... I don't know if I need one to jog with because I have my iPod, but it sounds like that's what I'd want.
    So, how does it hook up to your home stereo? Is there some kind of output cable you buy?
    I was looking at something like this guy...
    Starmate 5

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    The stiletto has a headphone output on it so you can plug it into anything that accepts that. I have the starmate 4 but you have to have a boombox to use it in the house. I plan on upgrading to the 5 since I broke the LCD. Dont ask how lol.

ETA: Sirius and XM just merged a while ago. I dont know what they are going to do with the channels but my theory is they are going to make new radios that has both XM and sirius on it. But thats my theory and not a fact.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by