Does anyone have suggestions for getting stickers off wood?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Featherland, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    I bought a used bed for my dd and there are stickers all over the headboard. It was a good deal though.

2. andy

andy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    grimsby,,,{England}
    hot soapy water or
    steam them off

3. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    A new, sharp razor blade--lay it almost flat against the surface, and scrape carefully. It might damage the wood finish, though.

4. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Not sure for wood, but this works for most surfaces: hot water (REALLY HOT- hotter makes tougher stickers come off). Apply to stickers liberally. Scrape off (make sure you catch the scrapings!). Dry. No more stickers! [​IMG]

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    goo gone!!!! that stuff is AWESOME!

6. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Quote:I agree. They make it as a spray or a gel. It's great. Most places sell it back in the Paint dept.

7. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    Thanks for replying. I used hot water and scraped them off. My hand is so sore. Why would someone allow their child to do that to nice furniture?

8. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    Quote:When our kids were ~2-3 they loved putting stickers ON EVERYTHING! After scrapping stickers off of the car the dining table, windows, and even the dog we came to an understanding. They could put stickers on their stuff only, that included their beds and dressers.

9. jaybme

jaybme Chillin' With My Peeps

Try oil, a tiny bit smeared on, let it sit, and then rub it off. NOT on unvarnished plain wood, but on any varnished or painted wood, the oil will break up the stickum. Works on sap too. Hope this helps next time!

My kids LOVED stickers, and stuck them everywhere until we gave them a "sticker board" to save them on ( foam core).

10. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I'm glad you got it off! [​IMG]

A hair dryer works well, too ...especially for bumper stickers on a "new to you" car [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by