Does anyone have the GQF 0534 Brooder?

PurpleChicken

Rest in Peace 1970-2018
12 Years
Apr 6, 2007
Iceland
https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=49

I
want one and am thinking about it as my Christmas present to me.
smile.png

I have an older model. The top one on this stack. Its a lot easier to deal with than cardboard boxes or plastic totes or stuff of that nature. The others are older Brower models. Lots and lots of chicks in about 16sq. ft. of floor space
db

1660_brooders_002.jpg

Thank you so much dncooper02. Handling chicks in a limited floorspace is
my goal.

Do you prefer the Brower or GQF? Do they sit on the same footprint?
I'd like to eventually have 2 brooders with 5 grow out cages.

Thanks!!!

Seems the link is broken, to me.

The older model seems nice, so if that's indication i think it'll work excellently. In fact, i might look into my own. (I will be raising chicks w/ limited space.)

I have one of those Gqf 0534 brooders. I love it. Mine sets in the hatching area of the barn, with no heat in the barn. I have just hatched chicks in it now and they are doing great, it was 28 degrees here last night and they stay nice and warm in it. I have had mine for a little over a year and I use it non stop. I hatch year round and it does not matter how cold it gets outside they do just fine. But I do live in southeast Tn. so the coldest it usually gets here in the winter is probably around 18 degrees or so. The only thing I don't like about it is all the plastic on it, trays and sides. My old Browers are all metal. Oh yea, it has been running all this time and I have yet to put another wafer in it.

Back
Top Bottom