Does anyone have this?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Poultrybonkers, Oct 8, 2011.

1. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    doesn't look very sturdy, predators wouldn't have trouble breaking in.Probably wouldn't hold up to rough weather either.

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    Quote:I don't plan on getting it I just wanna see how big it really is

3. Dewsetter

Dewsetter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Liverpool, England
    I think it's quite expensive for what it is too. Do you know anybody who could make one for you with materials from a DIY shop?
    Pandapaws your avatar is really scary [​IMG]

4. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    Quote:I don't need a coop I was thinking maybe it could be an aviary and its not that scary [​IMG]

5. Cargo

Cargo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Farmington, NM
    Product Dimensions: 60 x 40 x 36 inches

6. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

From the description 5 feet long (60 inches) by 3 feet 4 inches wide (40 inches) by 3 feet high (36 inches).

For what it's worth, we made an addition to one of our bantam coop using 3/4 inch electrical pipe, hardware cloth and zip ties. Used 10 foot long pipe and it ended up being, 3 foot wide, 3 foot high (since we were using 36" hardware cloth). We set and attached the addition onto 2 x 6 pressure treated lumber for added support.

Cost much less than what these folks are charging. Made this in a couple of hours. Cut a hole in the chain link fencing of the run and attached it. The hole is too small for us to crawl in and out of but the bantams spend the majority of their day in this run.

Picture of the addition prior to adding the top layer of hardware cloth.

[​IMG]

Gail

7. lauriej57

lauriej57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    I just bought one of these for $25.00 that I found on Craigslist. Like brand new, unfortunatley we were trying to outrun a storm and darkness when we went to pick it up so I didn't look at it that closely. I was looking for a coop for my 4 bantams. I also knew that would have to do some modifications to make it winter hardy.

Inspecting it the next day, I decided that 2 bantams would probably be happy in it, but no more than that. It's really thin wood. We kept it sitting outside for about a week, next to our 2 coops and runs, trying to decide if we could make it into an addition. We had 30mph winds one of those days, and it blew the roof right off. It is currently in my garage, waiting until next year. We've decided, if, fingers crossed, I get my really nice big coop, that it would be perfect inside the coop, for broodies sitting on eggs, or raising chicks, or those times when you have to separate one due to pecking or an injury. The front side is completely open, with wiring, so everyone could see everyone.

It probably would make a nice aviary. For $25.00, and almost like brand new, I don't think I made a bad deal, even if it didn't work for me right now. No matter what the use, I wouldn't pay more than $25.00 for it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by