1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

does anyone here use the buddy egg monitor

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Berynn, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    I ran into a woman at my feed store who shows silkies, she told me that 5 days after her eggs were in the bater she puts them on her buddy digital egg heart monitor and it tells her asap if there is a heart beat or not.
    I looked it up it seems pretty cool. They are expensive. I found one on ebay for 100.00

2. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] Bump...kinda curious myself...

3. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
  4. sgray136

sgray136 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2007
    Huntertown, Indiana
  5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    If I hatched eggs for a living I might consider one. But I don't. It is pricey. I can buy feed and eggs and more chicks as an alternative with the money. Do the currency exchange from pounds to American dollars. You can buy an R-com 20.

6. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    Thats very true , awfully expensive for a hobby..... now if I made money on my hobby it might be different.

It would be kewl though.

Julie [​IMG]

7. sgray136

sgray136 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2007
    Huntertown, Indiana
    I'm still huntin up an old slide projector to use as a candler.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  8. luvzmybabz

luvzmybabz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    I saw that the first time around and got to wondering if one of those BEBE heart sound things would work, of course I gave mine away when I thought I was done having kids 6 years ago, I have 1 4 year old and a 20 month old.

9. PamelaD

PamelaD New Egg

Sep 8, 2013
    I bought the Buddy Egg Monitor and it was a waste of money. I do not know how it performs with chicken eggs, but it is useless for turkey eggs. Used the monitor after ten days incubation and the machine flat lined all the eggs. I then candled the eggs and more than half of them were fertile. The Buddy has now being returned for a refund.

1 person likes this.
  10. snowsadriftin

snowsadriftin New Egg

Jan 22, 2016
    Did you get your buddy egg monitor returned? If not, I may be interested in purchasing it. Chicken eggs are much thinner shelled, and an acquaintance of mine uses one successfully.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by