Does anyone know about how much an autopsy on a chicken would cost? Just lost my best hen 1 minute a

I am very lucky and our state poultry vet lives about 2 minutes from me. He did a necropsy for free out of the back of his truck. My girl had died of a liver rupture :(

Hello,
There were no symptoms. She was fine in the afternoon and dead in the evening. There were absolutely no symptoms that we could see. The vet said a ruptured liver would be a quick death.

I just lost another hen, this is the second hen in 5 days. This one was a layer and 6 months old and seemed very active and healthy. I found her stiff on her perch this morning just lying there like she passed in her sleep.

I just lost another hen, this is the second hen in 5 days. This one was a layer and 6 months old and seemed very active and healthy. I found her stiff on her perch this morning just lying there like she passed in her sleep.
I am so sorry.

This is a very old thread so these people may not respond to you.

Are you in the US? Are you ready to get a necropsy so you know what you are dealing with?
If yes...I can point you in the right direction.

I am so sorry.

This is a very old thread so these people may not respond to you.

Are you in the US? Are you ready to get a necropsy so you know what you are dealing with?
If yes...I can point you in the right direction.
Yes and Yes

Back
Top Bottom