Does anyone know anyone that sells king/button eggs in Australia?

smallbluejellybean

Songster
10 Years
Dec 13, 2009
Kings Park NSW Australia
I have tried to breed my own, but they seem like constant duds. I saw alot of people on here buying fertile eggs, but they are all overseas from me.
I was wondering if anyone knew anyone in Australia that does or direct me in the right direction.
I have googled till my hands would drop off, with no luck.
Just hope someone would know in here?

I hatched some for a friend's dad (he lives in Cheltenham Sydney) - they are just the wild kind though - I think he was thinking of selling some. Mother was just your normal wild brown and the male blue/grey chest. As an aside, we were at Kellyville Pets yesterday and they had 2 silvers(?) and 1 brown button in their aviary section.

ozzie

Yes saw a pair of silvers and a pair of whites at Berkinshire Park. They were going for $45 a pair. How much where they at Kellyville?
Anyways I would prefer to get eggs of these types and hatch them here.
I would like to tame them, so they aren't skitsy.
I don't mind wild ones either. Like to stir up the melting pot, if you know what I mean.
My problem is I lost my license because of my epilepsy problems. I am due to get it back in 6 months if the new meds keep working. I hate this because I just can't get around and public transport is so limiting isn't it.
Maybe if your heading to Kellyville next time, I could give you my phone number and maybe you could pick some up for me if they are a good price. Kellyville isn't that far from me 10 minutes away. I could give you an extra $5 for petrol.
Anyways maybe we could work something out.
Thanks for responding to me. Take care.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't ask about the price at Kellyville. I'll be away most of Jan and won't be back till the kids are ready to head back to school so I won't be heading down that way any time soon. Like you I prefer to hatch my own eggs. Will be starting up Jap quail again soon - I sold my last lot because I didn't like the white ones (which were the main ones that I got from mailed eggs from a breeder) - I wanted the wild ones you could sex easily so this time I'll ask for wild type colours. I'll scout around some more to see if other aviary places are happy to mail king quail eggs or not and I'll let you know if I strike gold.
big_smile.png

ozzie

PS
I just had a look at the quail australia website - have you tried ringing this person to ask if he was happy to mail eggs for you? I guess you can only try :

King Quails $10 each Melbourne North East

Posted By: Chris | message me | 21/10/2009 4:23:19 AM

King Quails/button. for sale

brown females

blue/brown males

white males

all $10 location Kangaroo ground North east Melbourne

mobile: 0438065421

house: 97120553

Last edited:
There is someone in Victoria but I don't know if they sell. Are you close to Victoria?

The above mentioned person in the ad is from Victoria ie Melbourne (city) is in the state of Victoria. Sydney (city where sbjb and I live) is in the neighbouring state of New South Wales. To drive from Sydney to Melbourne would take us about 12 hours. I'm pretty sure there are closet breeders around - just need to look for them.

ozzie
big_smile.png

Smallbluejellybean i asked the same question a few weeks ago, and im still looking, there are a couple of people in Vic and one in QLd, who have some for sale, but theyre usually too far away for me in ACT,
Cyberquail is a good site but there is only that one breeder from QLD
Ive got a wild colour pair sitting on eggs at the moment, (ive got Silvers out of them previously but mostly Wild coloured chicks)
I have no idea about posting eggs but i could look into it for you the next batch of eggs i get from my pair if your interested?

There use to be someone on ebay selling quail eggs for art purposes to get around ebay's policy on not selling animals. I never bought any though as my boyfriend won't let me. tee hee hee.

Or check out farmstock.com.au There's always heaps going on there. Or australianpoultryforum.com.au

Back
Top Bottom