Does Anyone Know of a Water Soluble Calcium Supplement?

The calcium citrate with D is available or the brand name Caltrate and contains 300 mg, fine for a bantam or large hen. The large hen can have 1 or 2 of those. That is the most accurate dosing, and giving 1 orally daily for 7 days is a good way to see if the calcium will help or not. The D is good to use with the calcium because the calcium is absorbed better. The danger of the shell-less eggs is they can get stuck because they are more difficult to lay, and if they break, it may lead to infection or eventually coelomitis/egg yolk peritonitis. If she is starting to molt, she may be getting ready to stop laying after an egg or two. Can you post any pictures of the areas she is losing feathers. Mine always seem to drop tail feathers and start molting on their necks.

That sounds like exactly what I need! Could I trouble you to link to the product page on the TSC website? I searched "calcium supplement" but there's like 28 pages of results and I don't know what I'm looking for. Thanks so much, and sorry to be a bother.
Our vet has recommended the injectable calcium supplement (TSC sells giant bottles of it)

You can add about 10cc per 3gal waterer

I have the following liquid calcium on hand. It is designed to be added to the water. Their website is morningbirdproducts.com. I have not had to use it yet but this should be a good supplement to add to their water.

Label dose says 20ml per quart of water. You can also direct dose with it if needed.

20240220_185256.jpg
20240220_185309.jpg

Back
Top Bottom