Does anyone know the title and singer of this song? Need for funeral.

Thanks for your help and condolences!!
I'm trading my wheelchair for a mansion or crown or throne.
I can't remember what he said after for a...... I know, this is a gospel song, so any of those words sound like they could be right. We had so many people talking at one time...that I can't remember what he said or what radio station he was listening to.

I can't find anything either using the search engines.

sorry this is the closest i can come up with--no mention of wheel chairs.

Mansion Robe and a Crown

I’m a-gonna trade my earthly home (trade my earthly home) for a better one, bright and fair (bright and fair)
Christ left to prepare a mansion for His children in the air (in the air)
I’ll join Him in that land where tears nor sorrows can be found
And I’ll receive my mansion (mansion, robe), robe, and crown

Chorus:
Mansion, robe, and a crown (mansion, robe, and crown) (Lord I want a brand new mansion, robe, and a crown in glory)
There love will always abound (There I know that peace and love will always abound forever)
Let me Your throne surround (let me your throne surround) (Let me be among the saved to Your throne surround)
And I'll receive my mansion (my mansion) (mansion, robe), robe, and crown

The weather there is always fair (weather's always fair), there is sunshine day and night
No cold nor rain will fall there (cold nor rain will fall there), for the sun shines ever bright (sun shines ever bright)
I’ll need no heavy garments (I'll need no heavy garments), I’ll just wrap my robe around (I'll just wrap my robe around)
When I receive my mansion (mansion, robe), robe, and crown

Repeat Chorus

My head is bowed and bloody (bowed and bloody) from the work I've tried to do (I've tried to do)
But one day I'll be rewarded with a crown so bright and new
I'll wear a smile so bright (smile so bright) for there'll be no cause for a frown (no cause for a frown)
And I'll receive my mansion (mansion, robe), robe, and crown

Repeat Chorus

(Gonna receive my mansion) And I'll receive my mansion (mansion, robe), robe, and crown

seems like i do recall a song about trading in a wheel chair for either angel wings or running shoes?

big_smile.png
i tried !

Back
Top Bottom