Does anyone know this breed or gender?

Babs37380

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2021
My daughter thinks we have five girls and one boy I think we have five boys and one girl. My other flock is all girls
7AA44F02-BFF5-4593-8351-4DC45939C9E0.jpeg
FD2CD67A-0204-4796-860F-19E1167848E5.jpeg
F026AFF1-EA58-4231-9DD7-8D9BA1E81C5C.jpeg

These are Cornish X chicks. They reach butchering age at 8-9 weeks old. They cannot be kept as pets, as they become so overweight they can no longer walk. They also develop severe health issues and often pass of heart attacks.

I'm sorry this happened. Tractor supply really needs to provide more information or at the very least warn people. This happens repeatedly to people every year a this time.

Some people here will tell you you can keep them on a diet, or exercise them, but it only extends their suffering. If you cannot butcher them please find someone who will.

These are Cornish X chicks. They reach butchering age at 8-9 weeks old. They cannot be kept as pets, as they become so overweight they can no longer walk. They also develop severe health issues and often pass of heart attacks.

I'm sorry this happened. Tractor supply really needs to provide more information or at the very least warn people. This happens repeatedly to people every year a this time.

Some people here will tell you you can keep them on a diet, or exercise them, but it only extends their suffering. If you cannot butcher them please find someone who will.
Oh that is horrible. 😭

Back
Top Bottom