does anyone know what breed of chicken I have?

Since you mentioned they came from a hatchery, my guess is Olive Eggers. Probably a Crested Cream Legbar mixed with a Marans.
X2 I agree with donrae that they are likely Olive Eggers, possibly a cross between Cream Legbar (blue egg gene) and Marans(dark brown egg gene). They will likely lay green-olive green eggs.

Some thought maybe pure Cream Legbar. They are not a pure Cream Legbar since Legbars have white earlobes, yours have red. Also the feather coloring and pattern are not accurate for pure CL, CL have salmon colored breasts.

Last edited:
X2 I agree with donrae that they are likely Olive Eggers, possibly a cross between Cream Legbar (blue egg gene) and Marans(dark brown egg gene). They will likely lay green-olive green eggs.

Some thought maybe pure Cream Legbar. They are not a pure Cream Legbar since Legbars have white earlobes, yours have red. Also the feather coloring and pattern are not accurate for pure CL, CL have salmon colored breasts.

incorrect, cream leg bars don't always have white earlobes, search on Google images as many don't as them that do.

Here's one clear example,

this is a crested cream legbar.

Last edited:
incorrect, cream leg bars don't always have white earlobes, search on Google images as many don't as them that do.

Here's one clear example,

this is a crested cream legbar.

Sorry to the OP for straying a little off topic.

Understood that alot of CL do not have fully white earlobes but I am correct. Cream Legbars are supposed to have white earlobes if you read the draft of the SOP on the Cream Legbar Club website it says Ear-lobes: Enamal white . Sometimes the earlobe will have red leakage and that is not desirable. But they are not to have fully red lobes.

http://www.creamlegbarclub.com/29-draft-standard-of-perfection-revision-2

This is my Cream Legbar cockerel with fully white earlobes as per the SOP

And one of my hens

Hope this is a better pic and both are all girl lol I hope

Last edited:
What is an unpronunced rooster if I may ask? None of our chickens are laying yet but both the grey (I think hens) are squatting and letting our rooster mount them so I'm curious if another rooster would allow this? If they would then I am not sure if those two are hens lol

It's likely a Cream Legbar, but its possible it's a Polish mix, and I'm leaning to cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom