Does anyone know what kinds of chickens these are??

You have a good point, I haven't heard any crowing.
I promise you that every time I go out to check for eggs, if there is an egg that golden sebright is sitting on it. I didn't think a rooster would do that would they?
I did look it up on the internet though and "she" sure looks like a "he". I guess time will tell! And so far there have been no fights or aggression between any of the birds.
Thank you!

Usually a rooster doesn't sit on the eggs, but stranger things have happened.

I went back & looked closer at your pics. Your Sebright does have a large comb for a hen, but doesn't have the waddles to match it. That makes me lean more towards hen.

Your Lakenvelder is a challenge. At 4 months, I would think it should have a larger comb than it does. My scanner is not working, so I can't post a pic of mine when he was 6 months old, but he had a very large comb by that time, & had an impressive tail. I don't think I have a pic of him that I took with the digital camera at that age, but I will look through all my files & see.

I would think you should see some rooster-like behavior by now.

Jean

Well I guess time will tell!! I appreciate your help on this, as it is really a mystery to me!!
I Will keep you posted on any crowing that might show up one day. If you find a picture of yours I would love to see it!
CS

Back
Top Bottom