Does anyone know what may have happened here?

If you ever catch her in the act, chase her down and give her a sharp jab or two between the shoulder blades with one finger or grab her neck feathers and give them a slight tug to get her attention (not hard enough to pull, mind you, but just to scruff her). This is you saying you don't tolerate her behavior. Rinse and repeat as necessary. Some hens are quite stubborn, but they will eventually catch on.
I find most squabbles tend to start at night on the roost. Especially if there's not much roost space to go around or the roosts are quite close together.
Some are sneaky and will learn they just can't be bullies with you watching. This is definitely a sign you need to pen the bully as punishment at least until everyone that's been injured has a chance to heal up.

OK guys, I am going to bring the wyandotte inside for just a couple days to give my injured girls some time to heal. She needs to go outside by Monday for a few reasons, but mostly because I am going back to work and I don’t want her inside by herself all day. The high on Monday is only 38 and sunny. Is that too cold to bring her back outside? She’s staying in my basement.. we don’t have a garage. The basement is generally cooler than the rest of the house and I can crack a few windows to keep it closer to her temperature. Is that ok? I just have heard around that if you bring a chicken inside and then put her back outside and it’s too cold it can hurt them

Back
Top Bottom