Does anyone know where I can get BBS Faverolle Chicks?

Jraba1315

Songster
Sep 11, 2019
Washington
I am searching BBS Faverolle chicks or hatching eggs. Preferably one rooster and some hens. Does anyone know a breeder that sells these? I can't find them anywhere. I would like them to be show quality/non hatchery chicks. And does anyone know the price range I should expect on these? Thank you for any help you can give me.

Welp, Faverolles Fanciers of America is, apparently, an organisation that exists, but doesn't have much web presence. Nothing there.

A great way to track down breeders of really rare show-quality chickens (and BBS Faverolles are definitely that) is to find the entry on Feathersite, find who submitted the images, and then track them down via google.

I give you:
Camille Carey https://www.facebook.com/Camilles-Chickens-917377831656871/
Leisha Comer https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Farm/Comers-Poultry-Farm-143854542347685/ She appears to be the best in the business, but I can't find any active internet presence of hers since late 2018.

@keesmom may know more. She shows up a lot when I type in "Blue Faverolles" on the BYC search function.

Do you know where I can get any non bantams?
Unfortunately not. I had bantam BBS (that carried surprise recessive white) but life forced me to pass them onto someone in AL who only wanted blacks.

I did have a gorgeous blue cockerel from Peter Merlin that I loaned to my mentor to use with his black hens. I was to get the blue chicks, he the black. Unfortunately he was lost during a harsh winter. Sad to say so was Peter and his flock.

Olive.jpeg

You don't need to waste your time looking for BBS faverolles.
From your other thread I assume you are looking for them to create your own "favaucana" chickens?
MPC made their cross using regular salmon faverolles. That would be your best bet too if you're trying to follow in their footsteps.
Use a blue Ameraucana and you'll get blues and blacks. Use a splash and you'll get all blues.
If you really want to produce BBS then use a blue ameraucana over blue salmon faverolles. That cross will produce all three varieties.

Unfortunately not. I had bantam BBS (that carried surprise recessive white) but life forced me to pass them onto someone in AL who only wanted blacks.

I did have a gorgeous blue cockerel from Peter Merlin that I loaned to my mentor to use with his black hens. I was to get the blue chicks, he the black. Unfortunately he was lost during a harsh winter. Sad to say so was Peter and his flock.

View attachment 1910980
Sorry to hear about that. That’s a beautiful bird though!

You don't need to waste your time looking for BBS faverolles.
From your other thread I assume you are looking for them to create your own "favaucana" chickens?
MPC made their cross using regular salmon faverolles. That would be your best bet too if you're trying to follow in their footsteps.
Use a blue Ameraucana and you'll get blues and blacks. Use a splash and you'll get all blues.
If you really want to produce BBS then use a blue ameraucana over blue salmon faverolles. That cross will produce all three varieties.
Thank you! This has been the answer I have been searching for. So the blue favorelle’s will still make the bbs favaucana’s like in the my pet chicken post? Thanks again!

Thank you! This has been the answer I have been searching for. So the blue favorelle’s will still make the bbs favaucana’s like in the my pet chicken post? Thanks again!
Yes.
I'd honestly just use a splash ameraucana over salmon faverolles.
That would produce only blue chicks and that would be what most would want.
Black and splash seem to be by far the least wanted from BBS chicks.

Yes.
I'd honestly just use a splash ameraucana over salmon faverolles.
That would produce only blue chicks and that would be what most would want.
Black and splash seem to be by far the least wanted from BBS chicks.
Do you know the best place that I could get blue salmon favorelle chicks from?

Back
Top Bottom