Does anyone use a GENESIS INCUBATOR 1588

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mightieskeeper, Mar 26, 2009.

1. mightieskeeper

mightieskeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2009
    Clio Michigan
    I have looking at buying a GENESIS INCUBATOR 1588. Does anyone use them and how much the like them. I could only find one review online. I found them on ebay with auto turner for about 185 bucks. Thanks, Ryan
  2. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Love mine , loved it soo much bought 2 of them. One to incubate and one for hatches.
    Just plug in and add water where it tells you too every 2 to 3 days.
    You can also buy an extra piece that if the electric goes out you can connect it to a car battery and it will run off that for a couple days.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've got 3 of them a lot obviously!!
  4. HatTrickSilkies

HatTrickSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2007
    Eastern PA
    Check Cutler's, they usually have the best prices.
  5. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    I absolutly LOVE mine, I had the Little giant, but my temps would go from 98-104 all day, I hated babysitting it, so after just a week of using the LG, I bought the 1588 from cutler supply for $120, and had it shipped express so I had it within 2 days. The temp with it is awesome only moves 2-4 tenths of a degree! I used my Little Giant Turner, so I basically just set the eggs, and added water every couple of days, thats it! Just today I took my eggs out of the turner and upped the Humidity, I should have chicks by Monday! With the 1588 I set 26, 2 never developed at all, 1 had a crack and the bacteria stopped development early, but the other 23 had wiggly Chicks when I candled this morning!

Good Luck, The 1588 is soooo worth it!
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  6. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    I have 2 and wouldn't be without it!
  7. Sammysmom

Sammysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Love it, love it, love it![​IMG] I have 6 chicks running around in mine as we speak. Several more pipped. [​IMG] We will be buying another one to use as a hatcher. Got mine from Cutler's, best price around!

Did I mention that I love it?[​IMG]
  8. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    I have one and it works like a charm. I never have to worry about the temp--but you do need to monitor the humidity and top off the water tray accordingly. I highly recommend it!
  9. greggy

greggy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Reed City, Michigan
    Years ago I used a still air bator, but now I bought this 1588 and it's great. The temp so far hasn't varied more than 1/2 degree. not having to worry about wild temp swings is nice. It costs more than twice the amount the the still air- wafer bators do, but so far it's been well woth it..I set 42 eggs two weeks ago, and so far have only lost 3..(2 infertile & one blood ring). one more week will tell the tale.
  10. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I just bought one yesterday. Eggs arrived today. I'm loving all of this positive feed back on it. Hope I am thrilled in 21 days!!!
    Question . . . When you add the water do you lift the lid off or use the little hole in the top?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by