Does anyone use a GENESIS INCUBATOR 1588

I love mine.
So, nice to not to worry about adjusting the temp during incubation.
With my 1588 and the advice of the good folks here on this forum, I hatched 11 out of 12 eggs successfully the first time I used it!
I have a little story about it at my website.
Carolyn

Pour water in the trough by lifting lid, do not pour in holes because you can possibly short out the electrical components in the bator.

I love mine and have two of them! Waaaaaaaaaay better than the LG!

I have a section of aquarium air tubing going through the hole, to the bottom tray, and I use a syringe (for feeding puppies and kittens) to add water, that way I don't have to open except to candle.

Quote:
this post is wrong..

do add water through those holes..

take a piece of plastic tubing about a foot long and feed it to the trough you want the water to go into.. then with a syring or a funnel pour the water into the tubing//

do not add too much water.. ou can always add more, but it is very difficult to remove water..

Quote:
Here is my solution for adding and removing water:

5831_dscf0402.jpg

The vinyl tubing goes through the screen to the water tray. Easier than trying to get water down through the vent hole and everthing stays in place when the lid is off.
The Sharpie pen is plugging the 2nd hole, that I use to fill the other tray when it's time to bring up the humidity for hatching.
smile.png

Where does the heat come from in one of these? I guess I'm pretty silly but I thought there would be a light bulb like an easy bake oven lol! Mine looks just like the one on here, but I just can't figure out the heat source.

I've always just open the lid and add water throughout the incubation's first 18 days. Once I get the humidity up for the last three days I rarely have to do anything with it.

Back
Top Bottom